The toll of emotions - major vent

Melody P.
on 8/1/18 5:42 pm - Amarillo, TX

i have yet to hear back from the psychologist evaluation. So I called...which I hate doing so with a passion. They said they would call me back later as they thought they had to send off my stuff to my surgeon for pre surgery approval...I had told the receptionist AND the psychologist what it was for as had the surgeon. BED. I told them again when I took a true or false questions a few days later.

I called this morning and they never got back with me. I'm hoping tomorrow they know which end is up...ugh.

with my anxiety issues and BPD I feel like giving up. Tonight I just want to sit and cry. I had more peanut butter than I should of and a small amount of plain animal crackers. Is it the end of the world? No, not close...but...i'm feeling so down about a lot of things. I know I need therapy and I am going to fight for it but it ****** me off that so many people discount this journey. How many people who don't do the job they are supposed to do and when you call them on it they act indignant. Look at you like you are stupid and treat you like you are less than human. Esp people who are supposed to be in a field to help people.

it shouldn't be this complicated to get help.

Gwen M.
on 8/1/18 6:05 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Do you by any chance have someone who can be your advocate and make phone calls for you? (After filling out the appropriate HIPAA forms, of course.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Knitter215
on 8/1/18 7:07 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

Take a deep breath. My eval was done during the early summer and took 6 weeks to get to my surgeon because the evals (at my hospital) are done by grad student psychologists as part of their clinical rotation. they write up the report and then the supervising doc needed to go over and have them rewrite, etc. It was the most unnerving thing in the world. It's summer. There are people on vacation and often regular staff is overtaxed. They may be under just as much stress as you, but you don't know what their story is. That doesn't excuse not returning a call, but try to breathe through this. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Worry only about the next thing you eat, not what you ate before. You've got this.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

PCBR
on 8/1/18 8:04 pm, edited 8/1/18 1:29 pm
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/18 8:57 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am with Gwen. Do you have anyone who could do these things for you? Husband, friend, etc?

Most Active