10 dollar fat- eliminating kitchen gadget find !

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/18 4:50 pm

Seriously ... I didn't think this little tiny Walmart electric indoor grill would EVER work ... boy was I wrong! I use it to grill marinated lean steak shrimp meatloaf even baby eggplants and peppers before adding them to recipes. TOTALLY useful!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/18 4:01 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Are those the smokeless grills, or the George Foreman esque grills? I have a little cheap grill and I hate it. Dries my food right out.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/3/18 7:36 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Try using parchment paper to retain moisture. It's my favorite little trick -- simply use parchment on both sides of the meat (like chicken breasts or fish) -- cook to 10º below done, sear for the remaining time for grill marks -- voila -- moist and flavorful grilled food.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Kathy S.
on 8/29/18 7:47 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Attach a photo for us. If you need help let me know.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/18 6:37 am, edited 9/2/18 11:37 pm

Mine is the little tiny square one for literally 9.99 . It?s electric and the plates are removeable but I just treat them like cast iron and wipe - retains great flavor. The trick is to properly heat it up so both the red and green light are lit and not to grill too long . I basically grill EVERYTHING to increase sweetness and bring out flavor and lock in moistness before adding to recipes these days ...

Most Active