Back after 11uears

Colvin5
on 9/12/18 7:25 pm

Back Again after 11 years

Sep 12, 2018

Hi to all you wonderful people

I am back after 11 years.

Starting over have the lab band since 2007

back to my all time high again of 300#????

I am just starting the process of getting a revision from the band to Gastric Bypass

and have a lot to learn

all advice is appreciated and welcome

See Ya Lighter

Danna

PCBR
on 9/13/18 6:17 am

Good luck! So much good info here.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Writergurl08
on 9/13/18 6:31 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Come visit the RNY forum :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Kathy S.
on 9/13/18 10:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here is the link to the RNY forum since you are going to revise to that surgery. I have also included some links to help you get acclimated to the RNY as well.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Take care,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Beam me up Scottie
on 9/13/18 8:59 pm
Consider all your options including the DS.

Scott
Dduran
on 1/29/19 6:53 pm
DS on 04/25/19

Do you have any info on a Rouxeny 20 years ago a d thinking about having a DS. Dr doesn't want to revise the Rny

Ashley in Belgium
on 9/14/18 5:27 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Welcome back. There are quite a few of us who have been in your shoes, myself included, and most are happy to get rid of the LB and revise to another WLS.

I had my revision to RNY 5 years ago and had my Lap Band placed in 2006, so we are of the same generation of WLS patients. Living with RNY is very different from the Band and I have been thrilled with my choice.

There is lots to learn and plenty of adjustments to make with the new surgery. It would be easier to help you and share experiences if you asked some specific questions :) I can talk your ear off about it, but it'd likely be better for you if you were getting the info you were wondering about...

Good luck - hope to see you around the boards -Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Lauren010110
on 9/14/18 4:24 pm - Victorville, CA

Welcome back!
Band to Bypass revision patient here! Best decision ever! Take everything in an make this time THE SECOND BEST DECISION of your life!!!! Feel free to add me!

Take what you thought you knew about your band and do a 180* turnabout. I got my lap band not fully understanding why I initially needed bariatric surgery... knowing what I know now, I truly didn't utilize my tool and made excuses as to why I could still eat poorly... just smaller portions (so not good)...

I wrote an article about my journey if you care to take a gander... http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/pushing-past-grief-wls-r evision

I also now look at non-scale victories in a totally different way, here is my second fav article: http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/importance-of-non-scale- victories-nsv-to-your-wls-journey

Please feel free to shoot any questions my way! Best of luck to you and we can't wait to see all of your accomplishments!

Colvin5
on 9/14/18 4:53 pm

Thank you all for the advice and success stories

I am so excited to start my journey

See ya Lighter

Danna

Most Active