Staying on track when life piles it on!

Kathy S.
on 9/20/18 9:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Being 14 years out I have seen and experienced a lot I don't mean the everyday pressures and stressors I am talking about when it seems that someone pulled up to your life in a dump truck and unloaded it "all".

It seems like if you have to deal with one more thing you will burst into flames I find if I try to take in the big picture I am so overwhelmed I can't focus on anything. Being exhausted and unfocused, I reach for the easy, the bad and yes the ugly. I suddenly developed amnesia on what to do with my eating, forgetting the basics. I have a list of basics and when everything else around me is swirling like a tornado I post the list on the fridge and start practicing one at a time. It's slow, but it has worked well for me.

If you have some great tip/s that helped you when life was on you I would love to take note and try it

Thanks

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Liz J.
on 9/20/18 9:53 am
DS on 11/29/16

I'm just out almost 22 months and I have found having easy to grab, portion controlled, and healthy items available keeps me on track. I have string cheese, baby bell cheese, turkey jerky, protein bars, nuts, and even a few frozen meals really helps me stay on track! As a matter of fact I need to do inventory tonight so I can refill at Costco and Schnucks tomorrow.

I loved to find a few items to add to my grab and go list, if anyone has any. Also any other ideas to help too!

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Kathy S.
on 9/20/18 10:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hey Liz, I have a confession to make. I am a party of 1 and addicted to Costco! it! We have a recipe section and search our articles too for grab and go ideas. Also, check out EggFace's website, she has great recipes as well!

Recipes

Articles section for grab and go foods

The World According To EggFace

Take care,

Kathy

Jess Says Yes
on 9/21/18 12:59 pm, edited 9/21/18 6:00 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Kathy your perseverance is inspiring! I'm a newbie, so I'm still in the process of figuring all this out. For me it's really helpful to keep temptations out of the house and to keep exercising. Working out puts me in the right headspace and seems to go hand in hand with making better food choices. I also have a list of self-care techniques I can employ when I struggle (Snuggle up under a soft blanket and watch The Office. Yoga. Call my sister. Journal. Dance to upbeat music with my kids. Smell aromatherapy oils. Visit this forum..). I'm sure I have many challenges ahead and will hopefully develop many more strategies.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kathy S.
on 9/21/18 2:51 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Jess,

YOU GOT THIS! Thank you for sharing what works for you as it will help others.

There will be struggles and that is OK. I want everyone to know you can overcome anything life throws at you.

Take care,

Kathy

Ready2goNOW
on 9/21/18 1:49 pm

Hi Kathy!

I am glad you posted on this topic!

I am 3 years out and have regained 30 lbs. I know ALL the 'rules,' but am really good at stretching them.

I keep mostly all healthy stuff for meals and snacks, but knowing I have these around I tend to overeat them. Lack of moderation/portion control has become my undoing.

Snacking on more than one string cheese or eating more than 3 ozs of protein at meal time adds on the lbs.

This head hunger and game playing drives me bonkers!

Any suggestions? Have done counseling, kept carbs under 50 & used exercise and busywork to cobat this, but here I am!

Kathy

Kathy S.
on 9/21/18 2:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You are further along than most. You have all the good things in the house now we need to practice limits

Try writing down what you are feeling and or happening when you go back for that second portion. You may see some patterns. Are you bored? Are you sad? TV was a big red flag for me, but I loved watching some of my shows so I found if I kept my hands busy that helped. I know knit. Try after you eat that one string cheese to go for a walk, if you can. Throw on some music and dance around the house. Yes, I said that

Here are some good articles to help too

Links to articles about "head issues". http://www.obesityhelp.com/index.php?s=Head+issues Keep me posted on how things are going

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views