Approved diet after lap band removal

Colvin5
on 10/3/18 6:20 pm

Does anyone have a post op diet for band removal how many days for solids liquids if you have something please share with me

See ya lighter

Danna

Gwen M.
on 10/3/18 6:38 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Did your surgeon's office not provide you with one?!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Colvin5
on 10/3/18 7:06 pm

Yes they did give me one. Not able to eat the soft liquid went back to clear liquids. Just wondering if anyone else has something different that I made look at and that may help me thank you so much

Gwen M.
on 10/4/18 9:02 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Calling your surgeon's office for advice would certainly be a good idea. Sometimes the one size fits all diet progressions can be too fast for a person, so going back to clear liquids was smart!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/3/18 9:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Please call your surgeon's office and get some clarification. Others' diet progressions may not be appropriate for you.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 10/4/18 4:56 am - Warren, OH

Everyone heals at their own rate. Even if you have a piece of paper saying it is time for soft foods, your body can need more time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 10/4/18 6:15 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Did you also have a revision to another surgery type like VSG or RNY?

Here are some "suggestions" (always do what the surgeon says first) for the VSG and RNY.

VSG

During the second week after surgery, you will graduate to a full-liquid diet. Options include:

• no-sugar nutrition shakes, such as Ensure Light
  • instant breakfast drinks
  • shakes made with protein powder
  • thin broth and cream-based soups with no chunks ? soft soup noodles are ok in very small amounts
  • unsweetened milk
  • sugar-free, nonfat pudding
  • sugar-free, nonfat frozen yogurt, ice cream, and sorbet
  • nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • fruit juices with no pulp, diluted with water
  • thinned, hot cereal, such as Cream of Wheat, or oatmeal

During this period, you may feel your appetite increase. That is perfectly natural, but not a reason to eat solid food. Your system is still unable to handle solids. Vomiting and other complications can result. Filling up on liquids and avoiding sugar and fat will help prepare you for the next stage of your diet. Carbonated beverages and caffeine should still be avoided.

RNY

Phase II: Full Liquid Diet
1. On discharge from the hospital you will start the full liquid diet.

2. You will stay on the full liquid diet for 1-2 weeks unless directed otherwise by your surgeon and dietitian.

3. To prevent nausea and vomiting, drink liquids slowly. Sip ¼ cup (2 oz) of liquid over 30 minutes. You do not have to finish everything. When you feel full, stop!

4. Drink at least 6-8 cups of water or low-calorie drinks between high-protein beverages. Remember to avoid carbonation, caffeine and citrus.

5. Take your prescribed multi-vitamin/mineral supplements and calcium as instructed.

6. Make sure you keep track of the kind and amount of high-protein beverages you drink. Remember, you need a minimum of 60 grams of protein each day.

The following are examples of protein sources that should be included on the Full Liquid Diet:
1 cup Fat free or 1% milk = 8 g protein
1 cup Soy milk or lactose-free milk (Lactaid or Dairy Ease) = 8 g protein
No-sugar-added breakfast drink made with fat-free or 1% milk (Carnation Instant Breakfast) = 12 g protein
Strained cream soup made with milk (no tomato, mushroom or corn pieces) = 8 g protein
Commercial supplements as suggested by your surgeon or dietician

To help boost protein intake, add non-fat powdered milk to the above list of liquids.
(1 Tbsp = 3 grams of protein, 25 calories)

Take it slow and keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathy S.
on 10/4/18 6:07 pm - Lexington, KY
VSG on 02/15/19
I had my lapband removed on Monday, October 1, and was told to have only liquids the rest of that day. I was supposed to avoid spicy, greasy foods but to add in other foods as I could tolerate them. I was eating a normal diet by Tuesday evening. Your doctor might have a different set of instructions.

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Richard Bach

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views