OH Member Waning Woman had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) surgery on 2/19/2010.

"I am a learner, a reader, a dancer, a karaoke star super supreme, a lover of all things Wikipedia, and most importantly, a lover of cake. My full-time job is being a mother to my three-year-old son and a wife to my very patient husband." She shares on her blog.

When she is not busy with all those fun activities, she is creating and sharing her WLS friendly recipes. Here are just a couple of her latest creations! Enjoy!

Thai Inspired Peanut Chicken

Ingredients
1 1/2 lb chicken tenderloins
2 tsp soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp dried ginger
4 packets of sweetener
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4-cup peanut butter
1 3/4 cup water
Basil
Peanuts for garnish

Directions
Marinate the chicken tenderloins for at least 20 minutes with the first 5 ingredients making sure to reserve two of the sweetener packets for the peanut sauce.

In a preheated nonstick skillet, cook the chicken tenderloins for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.

In the same skillet lower heat to low-medium low, add 1 cup of the water, peanut butter. Stir constantly until smooth. It will thicken quickly, so add additional water a quarter cup at a time. Add the remaining 2 packets of sweetener to the pan and about 8-9 basil leaves, and return the chicken to the pan. Cook for an additional 6 minutes.

Remove chicken, garnish with basil leaves, and peanuts.

Black Bean and Mushroom Patty

Ingredients
15.25 oz can of black beans, drained (regular size can)
1 tsp lime or lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
9 Wasa crackers crushed
1 beaten egg
Package of button mushrooms, diced
1/2 of a small onion minced
3 small sweet peppers, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Prepared Pico de Gallo or salsa of your choice
Oil

Directions
Using a few teaspoons of oil sauté the peppers, onions, garlic, and mushrooms over medium low heat.

While the vegetables are sautéing, empty the black beans into a bowl and mash them until you have a consistency similar to that of guacamole.

Add in the salt, spices, lemon juice, and Wasa crackers until well blended. Once the vegetables are browned, add then to the black mean mixture as well. After its mixed and cooled down, add the beaten egg and mix again.

Form into patties and set aside for about 20-40 minutes until they’ve dried out a bit and aren’t sticky.

In a preheated, nonstick skillet over medium heat, add a small amount of oil (a pastry brush is a GREAT way to use the right amount) and cook patties about 4 minutes on each side until crisped.

Top with prepared Pico de Gallo or salsa and enjoy!

Share your favorite WLS friendly recipes below or in the OH Recipe Forum located here.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1423 views