Burrito en Caserola - Lea2be's Burrito Casserole - a total family HIT!!!!

martitalinda
on 4/12/08 3:44 am
Houseful of boys - my son's friends and I make Lea2be's burrito casserole - a total hit!!!! did it all with FF/LF ingredients and boy of boy my big caldero is almost empty - got to snap it first after they dug in and a tiny delicious piece filled me up - thanks for sharing sista - it was a total hit - I hope the pic does it justice in my big panamanian pot (lol) - I topped it with home made salsa and I cut it in slices after taking it out of the oven - delicious and enjoyed by all!!! THANKS YOU LEA2BE!!!! NOW FOR TONIGHT I WILL CHECK OUT EGGFACE'S SITE!!! martitaslea2beburritocasserole1.jpg picture by martitalinda

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

monkeys_angel74
on 4/12/08 3:57 am - Jonesville, IN
That sure looks great Linda, Will you either post the recipe or tell me where to find it please. Thank you
martitalinda
on 4/12/08 8:43 am
Lea posted the link sista - try it it is soooooooooo easy and delicious - low cal and lots to protein http://lovinlifewithlea.blogspot.com/2008/04/recipe-burrito- bake-casserole.html

monkeys_angel74
on 4/12/08 2:40 pm - Jonesville, IN
Thank you and Lea both for sharing.
lea2be
on 4/12/08 4:16 am - LaBelle, FL
Girl, you are more than welcome!  And, thanks for posting such a great review and sharing that those big, strapping young men liked it too!  LOL  It was yummy!  And, before anyone asks for the link, here ya go! http://lovinlifewithlea.blogspot.com/2008/04/recipe-burrito- bake-casserole.html Marta, hope you don't mind that I shared your great pic in that post! Hugs, Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

MyAlterEgo
on 4/12/08 5:22 am - Mt Pleasant, PA
OMG, this looks delicious!  But....exactly what does "taco meat sauce" consist of?  Thanks.  :)
~~~Sherry~~~
274/151.8/149
Start/Now/Goal

lea2be
on 4/12/08 5:56 am - LaBelle, FL
LOL  Guess that would help to know, huh?? "Taco Meat Sauce" as I use it is the following: Brown 1 pound ground beef and drain away the grease/fat.  You can rinse it, but it is not required.  Next, add 1 packet of taco seasoning mix and about a quarter cup (1/4 cup) of the salsa of your choice and the water that the packet of seasoning calls for.  Mix this all together well and simmer it till done according to the packet of seasoning (4 or 5 minutes maybe).  I just simmer it on a low heat till the water all cooks away and you're left with the seasoned meat. Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

MyAlterEgo
on 4/13/08 1:34 am, edited 4/13/08 1:35 am - Mt Pleasant, PA
Thanks for the clarification Lea.  This recipe is definitely a keeper! Sounds like I'll have a good bit of Taco Meat Sauce left over, huh?  If so, I could use it on another one of my faves...Mexican Pita Pizzas.  There is really not a recipe for these.  You just take a whole wheat pita bread (either whole or split lengthwise to make it thinner), spread some f.f. refried beans on it (slightly preheat the beans in the microwave), sprinkle a bit of taco seasoning on if desired, spread on a couple of tablespoons of thick & chunky salsa, sprinkle on some f.f. or l.f. shredded cheddar cheese, and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted.  When it comes out, you can add traditional taco toppings to it, like shredded lettuce, diced tomato, f.f. or l.f. sour cream, etc.  I'm still pre-op, but I think this would be most suitable for people who are pretty far out, and it's extremely filling.  The hubby and son love this too. edit:  duh!  I forgot, if you have the leftover Taco Meat Sauce, don't forgot to preheat a bit of that in the microwave, and put it on top of the refried bean layer.  But these are good vegetarian style too.
~~~Sherry~~~
274/151.8/149
Start/Now/Goal

lea2be
on 4/13/08 3:40 am - LaBelle, FL
You could always add another layer if your dish is deep enough!  That was the good thing about this recipe--I used some leftover taco meat sauce I had taking up space in the fridge!  LOL  Lea

Lovin' Life with Lea

martitalinda
on 4/12/08 8:45 am
Don't mind at all sista - thanks to you!!!! I left out after I posted this to exercise on the trail and what ordeal I had out there - I will write it out and post it later or tomorrow - I have to settle my heart first - only me (lol)

Most Active