aba1970’s Posts

aba1970
on 6/4/17 9:48 am
Topic: RE: Blah blah blah, neverending criticism

My mom does the same thing...I have been countering with "why do you ask?" Either she stammers at a loss for understanding her own motivation - or trying to come up with a palatable answer OR she actually has something relevant to say. For example, maybe she thought the dress was too big on you? Kind of a back-handed complement I know...but maybe better than what it sounded like. Perhaps asking her about her thoughts is a tool to try.

What happens tomorrow is the result of what you do today.

aba1970
on 5/23/17 7:23 am
Topic: RE: Food/Exercise Tracking

I agree with MFP being inconsistent and unreliable. I use Calorie King as the food and exercise data is not inputted by users - it is all researched and approved prior to being entered into the database. As I depended on these apps and websites for carb counting to insulin ratios, accuracy matters a great deal to me.

MFP is definitely not intended for WLS peeps, and CK has more versatility to customize the program for WLS needs. And frankly I think there is so much misinformation and incorrect data on MFP that it is doing its users a disservice - at least the ones who are not familiar with food values/labels and just take the info at face value.

I am team Calorie King all the way.

aba1970
on 5/23/17 7:22 am
Topic: RE: Food/Exercise Tracking

I agree with MFP being inconsistent and unreliable. I use Calorie King as the food and exercise data is not inputted by users - it is all researched and approved prior to being entered into the database. As I depended on these apps and websites for carb counting to insulin ratios, accuracy matters a great deal to me.

MFP is definitely not intended for WLS peeps, and CK has more versatility to customize the program for WLS needs. And frankly I think there is so much misinformation and incorrect data on MFP that it is doing its users a disservice - at least the ones who are not familiar with food values/labels and just take the info at face value.

I am team Calorie King all the way.

aba1970
on 5/1/17 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: Any not milky Protein Drinks?

Syntrax nectar is a 'juice' type drink. You can get a sample pack of flavors or the big tubs. I tried the samples before I invested in a tub. I liked all of the varieties, but some more than others. I also have less nausea with this brand as they remove all lactose from the whey protein. You can buy it on their site, but is normally slightly less expensive on Amazon if you have a Prime membership and shipping is free.

aba1970
on 1/26/17 9:54 am
Topic: RE: I feel no change 1 week after sleeve surgery

Thank you all for your tips and advice. I appreciate you taking the time to share experiences with me. 

aba1970
on 1/25/17 5:18 pm
Topic: RE: I feel no change 1 week after sleeve surgery

Right now I am 1 week post-op and I feel like I did not have the surgery at all...

I was told to expect nausea, pain, weakness, light-headedness, feeling full after 1 or bits, only being able to take 1 sip of liquid. And I have none of that. I mean, I am not complaining per se. But it almost feels like the doc just cut my stomach in a few places and that was it. 

I do feel full after my 4T of pureed protein and 2T of pureed veg but I am not satisfied by any stretch. I have had no issues with eating all my meals nor with drinking all my fluids each day. I know I could not eat a regular sized meal if I tried, but have a sneaking suspicion that won't last long and I will soon be able to eat whatever I choose without issue.

What is going on here? I know I am lucky that some of the side effects did not occur. But I kind of feel like the surgery was a waste. Are my expectations out of line?

aba1970
on 1/25/17 4:58 pm
Topic: RE: Under-desk stationary bike

I had one at my last job. I could not use it while working too much for these reasons:

1. My knee**** the top of the desk while pedaling.
  2. I was just moving too much to be able to view the computer or type effectively.
  3. Also, you will scoot backwards if you are using a chair with wheels.

I ended up using it when I was on the phone for a conference call and did not have to speak too much. Kept a non-wheeled chair in my cube just for this purpose.

I give it a 5/10.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1466 views