2bthereagain’s Posts

2bthereagain
on 8/28/17 5:00 pm
Topic: RE: Dare to dream!

Love this post. I was born and raised in Nashville, still here. The eclipse was spectacular!

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/27/17 10:10 am
Topic: RE: Anyone who has had an RNY reversal

I bet Dr. J did his? That is who did my son's.

2bthereagain
on 8/27/17 10:05 am

Yes, he did! Since discovering this I continue to be amazed at how common it is. He has had a great result. He has 2 bars and they come out summer of 2018. He has a gloriously beautiful chest now, if I do say so myself!

2bthereagain
on 8/25/17 6:47 am
Topic: RE: Work??

I'm new and just had my surgery less than 2 weeks ago. I think the poster that mentioned leaning to open/close doors made a very good point. Also, the risk for blood clots is to be considered. How long do you sit/drive at a time without being able to get up and walk?

2bthereagain
on 8/23/17 5:08 am

Hello, I'm new - only 9 days post op, but I have been reading these boards for about 7 months. I'm going to go out on a limb and respond since I also read your earlier posts.

Please don't be offended, but are still taking pain meds? The reason I am asking is some of the side effects of pain meds (such as gabapentin, oxy, and loratab) are the overall feelings of being unwell. I knew this going in and it still happened to me.

Quick story, my son had surgery when he was 16 to correct his chest wall - it was major surgery. He was prescribed oxy and gabapentin. He was doing very well and was having an amazing recovery with zero complications. And then after about 7 days, he began to be remorseful and depressed and worse than that, he had this looming sense of 'unwellness'. I began researching the side effects of his medicines and whala! Each of those feelings he was having was listed as a side effect. Pair this with the effects of the anethesia and all the meds they give you for pain in the hospital, and well, it's a lot.

Fast forward to my own RNY surgery last week, I had surgery on the 14th and was discharged the next day with oxy and gabapentin. I was/am doing amazingly well. On day 5, I had an overwhelming sense of 'unwellness' creep in. That was Friday. On Saturday night I dediced no more pain medicine. I would take the Tylenol only and let the chips fall where they may. By Sunday afternoon I was whole new person.

Maybe this isn't at all what is going on with you. But if it helps one person by having posted it, then it will be worth it.

Moral of the story, get off the pain meds asap.

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/8/17 12:46 pm
Topic: RE: Wanted to share-what got me thru my 2 weeks post op!!

Thank you for this post! I just ordered the pop pouches from Amazon and will pick up the plastic cups on my trip to Walmart. I think this approach is going to work well for me - thanks for sharing!

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/5/17 12:30 pm
Topic: RE: Approved for Surgery - At the Same Time Major Life Changes are Happening! Need Advice!

As an update to my original post I wanted to add that my surgery got moved up to August 14th! Also, to clarify - my husband is driving the RV and getting it all set up and professional movers are responsible for the packing/moving.

I feel so blessed that the timing worked out and can't wait to be on the other side of the surgery!

Thank you to everyone for the replies!

~Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/5/17 12:24 pm
Topic: RE: Approved for Surgery - At the Same Time Major Life Changes are Happening! Need Advice!

Sorry, I should have clarified that Sept. 5th was the date they had originally scheduled and I had to decline it. I was able to get it scheduled for August 14 when someone else cancelled, so that is the game plan now. I hate that someone else cancelled but it was the miracle I needed to even have a chance to pull all of this off. That gives me almost 4 weeks to recover.

Thanks!

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 8/1/17 1:06 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. The situation is exactly as most of you stated - my new employer's insurance doesn't cover the surgery plus I have already met a $3,000 deductible and been through 7 months of appointments. Also, I have hundreds of hours of sick leave at my current employer that I lose when I leave and will not have any paid leave or FMLA coverage at my new employer. I am waiting to hear back from the surgery scheduler any minute and will be able to make a better decision I guess then. Best case, I get a surgery date before mid August and then I would have 3 weeks before starting the new job. My future boss knows we are selling our home and buying a new one, so closing dates for both of those will come into play. I may be able to leverage that to buy a little extra time. It seems some people were able physically but not so much from the mental sharpness perspective - I guess this is due to the anesthesia. Thanks again for all of the responses and I would always love to hear more!

Best,

Lisa

2bthereagain
on 7/31/17 6:38 pm

Hello. I have been reading the boards since I began my journey in January for insurance approval. I feel as if I know everyone and really enjoy the encouragement and help that flows so freely on this site. This is my first post and I desperately need advice!

So here is my situation...I was offered the job of a lifetime which involves relocating. I am selling my current home, packing, buying a new home, moving, dropping my youngest child off at college and then starting a new job the first week in September. And just to keep it really interesting, I am living in the RV alone for 4 weeks while my husband stays back and closes on the old house, because I must start the new job before the sell and we can't close on the new house until the old one closes - and since the new employer is paying for the move, I don't want to move twice. So it has been a coordination logistically to make it all work out. All of which is very exciting and I have worked so hard for this position, which is at an executive level! But it all came so quickly. Now, I have been approved for surgery on Sept. 5 and was supposed to start my new job Sept. 7th. I have asked my surgeon's office to put me on an emergency list and try to get the surgery scheduled earlier, like in August. They can't make any promises of course.

I'm interested to know what you would do if it were you? Would you be afraid to have surgery with all of this going on? I need to be able to be on top of my game when I start my new job. But I need and want my surgery too. Do you think I can pull all of this off?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Lisa

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1475 views