Ajeffries’s Posts

Ajeffries
on 2/25/20 9:08 am
Topic: RE: Carb addiction

Carbs may be increasing your appetite and affecting your hormone levels. Try to limit carbs and increase protein and fat levels. Try to limit your calorie intake. It's hard at first, to walk away from the processed carbs. After a few days, that craving goes away.

Ajeffries
on 2/16/20 5:24 am
Topic: RE: Come on now... do you really order from the "Kids Menu"?

I have eaten off the kids menu at times. Normally I share an entree with someone. I also make my kids share an entree. The portions that are served with American restaurants are humongous. No one should eat that much at one time.

Ajeffries
on 10/22/19 1:04 am, edited 10/21/19 6:04 pm
Topic: RE: Lost sight of my why.......

You're right. Scales and kids don't lie. My 8 year old said, "You are getting fat again!" I journal my food every day. I am debating paying My Fitness Pal premium because they've changed the basic to saving only 2 years worth of daily entries? I've charted daily since my surgery.

Ajeffries
on 10/9/19 9:55 pm

I've gained 13 lbs. I haven't developed aches and pains yet. I don't have that urgency to get healthy like I did before. I just need to discover my mojo again.

Ajeffries
on 10/9/19 9:51 pm

I need to meal prep again.

Ajeffries
on 10/9/19 9:50 pm

I need to attend the support groups again. That may help

Ajeffries
on 10/9/19 9:49 pm

Yes I am going to make an appointment with my surgeon. Get myself back on track.

Ajeffries
on 10/8/19 11:39 pm

I've been feeling unmotivated. I have had some regain. When I initially started this journey, I wanted to be healthier for my children. I wanted to feel comfortable in my own body. I wanted to have more energy.

Now, I feel directionless. My boyfriend has moved in and I eat and buy crap because that is what he wants. I need to find my motivation again. I have been tracking daily. I just eat crap. Ive gained 13 lbs. I need to find my why again. That will get me back on track.

Anybody feel this way after almost 4 years after surgery?

Ajeffries
on 7/17/19 10:01 am
Topic: RE: Gaining weight!!

I struggle with this. I have 4 slim kids and one child who is obese. I feel like I'm penalizing the whole family but that is what we need to eat to stay healthy. I do keep nuts and popcorn for my kids to snack on but I've limited junk foods. I use the Wal-Mart app to pick up my groceries. I'm not going into the store so I'm less likely to buy junk.

Ajeffries
on 7/16/19 1:09 pm, edited 7/16/19 6:10 am
Topic: RE: Gaining weight!!

1 - drink more water

2- throw all the crap out of your pantry

3- exercise daily

4- throw all the crap out of your freezer

5 - write what you eat down. If you bite it, you write it.

6- throw all the crap out period. No junk food, limited processed foods, and no liquid calories. If you don't recognize it in nature, you probably shouldn't be eating it. I never saw a double stuffed oreo in nature. I have seen shrimp and zuchinni in nature.

I struggle with this myself. I buy junk. I eat junk. It's easy to keep that junk around with having kids.

Ajeffries
on 5/18/19 9:04 am
Ajeffries
on 5/16/19 9:58 am
Topic: RE: Gaining weight after gaining a partner

That has been hard figuring out ways to show love. I like time together. He likes time together with food included. I think he does feel sad that I don't respond to treats.

Ajeffries
on 5/16/19 9:56 am

I am sorry you lost your husband.

Ajeffries
on 5/10/19 2:09 pm
  • I knew he ate junk food and fast food when he moved in. I didn't realize the extent of how much he ate it. He is obese. He is constantly bringing food in and that's his way of showing love. I didn't think his eating habits would affect my kids.
Ajeffries
on 5/10/19 2:04 pm

Yes he knows of it. He equates food with showing love.

Ajeffries
on 5/10/19 10:47 am

We agree on everything but the food. That never even crossed my mind.I do the cooking. He will only eat meat and junk food so he buys that and keeps it in his nightstand then tries to be a food pusher while we are in bed watching tv. He also buys fast food and shares that and the junk food with the kids.

Ajeffries
on 5/10/19 10:44 am

I do the cooking. He will eat some of it and most of the time he gets take out and then shares it with my kids. I don't want to tell my kids not to eat the fast food while they are watching his kid eat it. He has started eating the fast food when I'm not there which has been helpful but still leaves my kids eating with him.

Ajeffries
on 5/10/19 7:49 am

I am 3 years out from a vsg. I've recently moved in with a boyfriend. That has been stressful due to stressors of kids, combining families, and change of schedule and meals. I've gained 11 lbs. He is constantly bringing in snack cakes for the kids and soda. I've asked him not to buy it but he says they need it. One of my 5 kids is fat. He and I have both gained more weight because of eating the snack cakes. I still try to cook healthy but the boyfriend only wants carbs. He now hides the snack cakes which has helped some. I wish he just wouldn't buy them.

How do you deal with differences of opinions about what kids can eat? It's not fair for me to say my kids can't eat snacks while your kids do. I feel that would create too many problems. How do you deal with cooking in a way that everyone likes?

Ajeffries
on 5/10/19 5:08 am
Topic: RE: foods i can no longer tolerate-temporary or permanent?

Cereal and milk make me nauseous and I vomit.

Ajeffries
on 4/27/19 9:56 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Cooking and Recipes: April 29-May 5

I like the FFS acronym. I am going to use that with my kids?. Usually I end up yelling at them when they are tattling on each other MYOB. Mind your own business.

Ajeffries
on 3/25/19 4:53 pm
Topic: RE: Burnout

Great. Thanks I'll check that out!

Ajeffries
on 3/25/19 4:21 pm

I like hiking in the woods. I've been working 2 jobs. Hopefully as the weather warms up and I quit working 2 jobs, I can start hiking more. I do need to do something I enjoy. That might snap me out of my funk.

Ajeffries
on 3/25/19 4:15 pm

So true!!!! Ugh!!!!

Ajeffries
on 3/25/19 4:12 pm

I don't like myself at 180. I'm happy at 170. I've just basically said f*ck it and went crazy on my eating habits. I think it's stress affecting my brain.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1477 views