zix’s Posts

zix
on 4/15/12 2:11 pm
Topic: RE: Iron supplement
On April 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM Pacific Time, AnneGG wrote:
Yup, I like Proferrin, too. It is expensive but worth it to me, both the non-constipating part and that you can take it with food and other supplements, even calcium.
 I take Proferrin Forte since it was cheaper for me to get the Rx version than pay for the over the counter version, esp since I take 2 per day. 
zix
on 4/6/12 1:37 pm
Topic: RE: Obesity Discrimination
On April 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM Pacific Time, Jackie McGee wrote:
Well, they must not realize that most vegans/vegetarians are obese - and I'm speaking from personal experience on that one.

For $10, I'd rather sit next to a hot, chubby burlesque dancer
 I dont know if most are obese, but I sure was. I was a vegetarian for 10 years, I weighed between 260 and 275 during that time.
zix
on 4/2/12 6:47 am, edited 4/2/12 6:48 am
Topic: RE: What were your gallbladder symptoms?
I had severe, awful, unrelenting nausea and sharp right upper quadrant pain every time I had a gallbladder attack. I couldn't get it out right away because we didn't have health insurance at the time, so I would have to get shots of demerol and anti-nausea meds. They got worse as time went on and I was eventually admitted through the ER. It ended being a 10 day hospital stay, open surgery, and 6 months of having a T-tube implanted in my side after the surgery. I'm just mentioning this because I don't think anything good can come from delaying gallbladder surgery if that is advised.
zix
on 3/28/12 5:36 am
Topic: RE: It's been 10 years and I have new food issues
Have you tried using a food tracking system like My Fitness Pal? Maybe that would help you identify trends with issues you are having? Congrats on losing and keeping off 120 lbs!
zix
on 3/26/12 10:25 am
Topic: RE: What was the name of that site way back in 2001...
I think it was likely this same site. I was active here about 10 years ago when I was first planning to have WLS, but stopped coming here after my plans got derailed back then.
zix
on 3/23/12 5:49 am
Topic: RE: 7 years out and levels in the toilet
 Hopefully you can get in with a GI doctor urgently, and I sure hope it's someone who has at least a clue about the DS so they can help you properly.

I'm curious about the A& D drops - never heard of those? Are they still considered dry and not fat-soluble?
Also just fyi, Vitalady's starter plan has people taking 100,000 units daily of dry A, and it's A palmitate. The only other dry A I've found is more beta carotene than palmitate, and as I understand it, beta carotene is pretty much useless for DS'ers. And the dry D that's recommended comes in a single 50,000 unit capsule. 
zix
on 3/21/12 7:33 am
Topic: RE: 7 years out and levels in the toilet
 Have you considered contacting Vitalady for advice on the vitamin supplementation? How much vit A are you taking per day and is it the correct dry form? Are you drinking protein shakes? And if so, which kind?
You might think of posting all the vitamins you are taking so others more knowledgeable than me can comment.
zix
on 3/15/12 10:08 am
Topic: RE: Protein Preferences--Trying to plan
 I ordered a sample pack of Syntrax nectars. You have to call the number listed on their website to get it, but it's $13 for 13 full size sample which is not a bad deal. 

zix
on 3/12/12 3:45 pm
Topic: RE: Gotta Question
I had the DS a month ago and have not thrown up a single time yet. Nausea yes, some as part of the healing process and also some when I have eaten a bit too fast or taken one too many bites. But that has definitely improved since immediately post-surgery.
zix
on 2/12/12 9:24 pm
Topic: RE: Help! I'm going crazy on this pre-op liquid diet!!!
I just finished two weeks of liquid diet and today was clear fluids only. I was going crazy at the beginning too, I just craved something savory or salty. But actually it got a lot easier as the light in the tunnel grew nearer. Last night I went out to a DS gathering and I didn't have a hard time at all resisting anything. You are almost there so just hang in there!
zix
on 2/11/12 7:10 am
Topic: RE: Airline Ticket Question
 Southwest is particularly known for kicking people of size off their flights. I wouldn't risk it if I were you. 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/14/director-kevin-smit h-too_n_461803.html
zix
on 2/2/12 2:11 pm
zix
on 6/9/11 1:36 pm
Topic: RE: Help, 12 days out from VSG and I ate a whole pizza. Is that a bad thing ?
On June 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM Pacific Time, Chilipepper wrote:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ezLCBFvNUhk/SOYflZUBw-I/AAAAAAAAAFU/RJYHVPdWRf0/s400/Funny-Halloween-Costumes.jpg

You naughty girl!!!
I'm down for a slice of this! Do they deliver??