Newsletter March 2009

Having issues viewing this e-mail? See it Online!
my account | bariatric surgeons | plastic surgeons | hospitals | professionals | help
home  my oh  photos  people  forums  groups  magazine  events  q&a
 Medical Travel
by By Jesse Jayne Rutherford
If your health insurance denied you coverage for surgery, what would you do? Would you resign yourself to the body and life you have now? Would you borrow the money any way you could and pay your surgeon out of pocket? Or, would you borrow less money and take a large ?overseas discount??

Each year, more and more U.S. patients are choosing the latter. When procedures outside the country can be found for 25-75% less?and many health care providers overseas have pricing as transparent as the price tag on a new pair of shoes?the temptation is understandable. As tourists board planes bound for Mexico, Brazil, India... Read More

More Articles:
Saved by the Bike
Older, Wiser, and Ready: Weight Loss Surgery Over Fifty
Together Forever

Bariatric Advantage
Bariatric Advantage? is the leading provider for procedure-specific micro-nutritional products, educational services, and meal replacements to the weight loss surgery market since 2002.
www.bariatricadvantage.com

Laparoscopic Associates of
San Francisco

Dr. Jossart and Dr. Cirangle are world renowned pioneers in laparoscopic bariatric surgery. For more information call 415-561-1310.
www.lapsf.com

CLICK Espresso Protein Drink
The first mocha espresso coffee drink infused with protein, vitamins and minerals that tastes incredible! For a FREE Gift with your purchase enter OBH at
www.drinkclick.com

Smart Forme
Smart Forme has taken the best of 30 years of development and manufacturing, and dedicated this vast experience to deliver a product line exclusively for Bariatric Surgery patients that is unparalleled in taste, convenience, and nutrition.
www.smartforme.com

Featured Recipe
Strawberry Balsamic Salad
with Mozzarella Cheese
Recipe courtesy of Beth L. Sheldon-Badore AKA Melting Mama

After weight loss surgery, one of the first things I could not WAIT to sink my teeth into was not what you would expect. I was not craving a burger or a french fry. I was craving a BIG, CRISPY... salad.

Once cleared for fresh vegetables, branching out to world of salad becomes something... Read More

Looking for a new recipe or have a favorite recipe to share with OH Members? Visit the Recipe forum located here.

Ask OH
Member to Member Q and A

Q. Hungry! Hello. I had my surgery on the 25th of Feb., so I am post-op14 days now! I was wondering; were any of you hungry after your surgery or feel like your starving? All I can think about is food! I thought that was going to change. I am so confused...and hungry. Also how do you know if you eat too much?? Mackenzie U.

A. I'm with the majority...you almost answered your question with the words you asked..."All I THINK about is food" and "how do you know if you eat too much"....Your head is thinking about food and that is how many of us process our hunger pre op. After surgery we have to learn to let our tool tell us when we are satisfied. In the very beginning you need to trust that a few tablespoons of food is enough...  Read More

Share Your Goals
Share Your Goals, You can do it!

Most Popular OH member goals:

Show my husband an outside as beautiful as the inside, GOING TO THE GYM AND NOT HAVING PEOPLE LAUGH, Get out of the house because I want to not because I have to, TO GO DANCING, to no longer be considered morbidly obese, BEING ABLE TO TIE MY SHOES, Ride every ride at Disney World, Run 5 miles a day...while still breathing!

Create and share your goals with other members! Go to obesityhelp.com/goals and log into your account. In the ?My goal is to?? box on the top right, type your goal.

OH Bloggers?Inspiration, Support and Personal Journey's
Featuring: stacymtrout's blog

Day 99 Post Op: Almost a 100 Days, Thank You OH!
So here I am on the brink of 100 days with my band. I have to say that it has been quite a journey so far!

SV : I reached my goal of 35 pounds lost 2 weeks early (goal was set for March 15, achieved Mar 1). I think my 1 cc fill this past Thursday really kicked that into...Read More

To read about other members and make new friends - Click Here

Membership Perks
Spot your user name below? If so, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your username and mailing address; you have until April 1, 2009 to let us know you spotted your name. Winners were randomly selected from our top 10 most active posters list of 2008. Be sure to check out our newsletter for a different membership perk next month!

CLICK! And the Winners are!
valgroce
(OH, USA)
sshep
(TX, USA)
jmcmillan159
(TN, USA)

If this is you please e-mail us at [email protected]
to claim your prize!

Rose Procedure
Email Feedback JOIN ObesityHelp.com

Most Active