Rescue in need of help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pjbro
on 2/6/06 12:06 am - hinesville, GA
Hi, my name is Pamela Brownfield. I work with Terry Wolf at Southern Comfort Animal Rescue Services. We are still in the beginning stages of getting where we want to be. The reason I am writing you would because we are in need of help. Although we are looking at property here, it is still a long way off. We, in the short year we have been rescuing, have come to a stand still. We are not taking in any more. In fact we are in a court battle with locals over the numbers we have. I need to move out some right away but do not want to send these babies to the high kill shelters here. If you could take in a few or know of anyone who can could you please contact us at 912-767-7333 or 912-369-3418. I have included a few Bio's of just a handful of to ones in need of moving right away. I have photos if anyone wants them. First is Katie. She is a Fox Hound. She is about 3-4 Years old and heart worm Pos but as health as a house says the doctor. She has been on treatment for about 6 months now. She is already spayed. She is house trained and does not bark. She has never barked here. She does have a problem with escaping but always comes when called. Second is Mike. She is a yellow lab mix. She is about 3-4 years old. She is house trained and spayed. She is also Heart worm Pos, but as with Katie health as a horse. In fact she has gained about fifty pounds since coming to us. She was abounded for weeks with no food or water in someone's back yard. She is afraid of most Men. She is very sweet and loving. Third are Gypsy and her two babies who were only a day old when I saved them from the gas chamber here. She is a Doberman Rott mix. Gypsy is a sad story. She is afraid of everyone. She will let me play with the babies but I can't touch her. She does not show any signs of aggression but is really afraid. I have had her for about six weeks now. The pups are a girl and a boy. Yogi (boy) and Booboo (girl). I would be willing to have these three fixed at my expense when they are able. Please any help is better then no help. Thank you for reading this and again my number is 912-369-3418 or 912-767-7333. Day or Night it is never too late. Pam
luvsmyfids
on 2/6/06 11:02 pm - Troy, NY
Have you tried to contact the breed specific rescues...ie..fox hound rescues, lab rescues, dobie or rottie rescues? They will usually take in their breed specific animals and will even take mixes to save them from high kill shelters. I would suggest that you try them. I'll pass along your letter to others that I know of. If you can get the rescues to take them, we have a "railroad" of sorts who will move them across the country and find good homes for them. Good luck! Laurie
pjbro
on 2/7/06 2:24 am - hinesville, GA
Laurie, Thank you for you response. I have tried the breed specific rescues and many others. It seems that everyone is having the same problems right now. No-Room. I just fear that I won't be able to find anyone in time. I hope someone will help. Thank you again for even responding and for passing my letter on. Every little bit helps. Pam
Ravenwulf
on 2/17/06 10:44 am - Killeen, TX
RNY on 10/04/05 with
Do you have a way to transport out here to TX? (I would come myself but hubby is deployed, kid in school, etc). We are looking for a new playmate for our mix-breed Damien. His sister just died (tragic auto accident) and he is very depressed and lonely. Probably looking for younger or young adult, female spayed small to medium breed so they can both be comfortable in our yard. Preferably good with kid and cats if you are in the know of such. Let me know! Rachael [email protected]
Most Active