Lost my beloved Boston Terrier

atenusa
on 3/7/07 4:07 am - Hiawassee, GA
I lost my beloved Boston Terrier on December 12, 2006 to cancer of the stomach and esphoeguse. I miss her very much she was with me 24/7 and she slept on my pillow by my head. I am looking for another one, but being disabled I can not afford $600. or more to get one. Even though I am saving, it will take a long time before I can save that much, with car problems right now that need to be addressed. I cry a lot, she is resting in the yard on a hill. And I go visit the spot often and talk to her. I know she is in heaven with my Grand-daughter and her 2 little children that were killed in a car accident on April 22, 2005, little Jake and Gina just loved Hope, that was my Boston's name, her registared name was Americas Sweet Hope, and she was my Sweet Hope. I am also still paying monthly on the vet bill for the 4 weeks we tried to figure out what was going on with her, she lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. And on December 12th my vet did exploratory surgery to see what was going on, all her tests where normal and x-rays showed nothing. When he called me in the office he hugged me and was crying and said he was sorry but if he removed the cancer she would not be able to live, and asked if I wanted her put to sleep since she was already under. I could not let her suffer any longer, I said I want to bring her home. And he said he would get her ready. I am sorry I am crying, and my heart is breaking even now. Like I said I miss her, she loved everyone. I wish I could find someone that had a Boston to give to a good home. I would take it in a heart beat. But people have to make a living. Than some time people get a puppy and realize they don't have time for them and want to find a home. And than again some people when they get tired of the puppy just throw them out on the road, please if you do have one and don't have time for the puppy or young dog, email me and if I live close enough I will take it and give it a loving, safe home with me. I live in Northeast Georgia just in case there is someone out there that has a Boston they have decided they don't want. God bless all animal lovers out there, and I hope you don't have a loss like mine, and if you do, my heart goes out to you and your furbaby. Hugs Lynda Sweet Hope's mommy
KansasGal
on 7/3/07 10:27 am
Hi! I just got on the animal board for the first time. So sorry for your loss. I am still hurting after my beloved Sheba Dooo died in November, 2005. She was so much to me. I have two other Bostons, Abby Rose, who is a lot like Sheba in personality! and Bosley, who is a sweet boy (except around cats - he LOATHES our barn cats!) We have two other dogs, Barkley, a Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix and Spirit, our newest, who is a Bassett, Chocolate Lab mix. The latter two were rescues. I found Abby in an internet search, in Tulsa, OK area for $150. She is 33# about twice the size of Bosley. I like the smaller Boston, but Abby is my heart. You may want to check the rescues out there if you don't have another doggie. I am sure there are Boston rescues out there. Take care! Hugs, LaNeta
snowy_mitch
on 6/4/08 3:00 pm - Kempton, IN
Lynda, Hi! I know it has been over a year since you posted this and things have probably changed alot since you posted but I couldn't help reaching out to you! Your story about your relationship with Hope reminds me of my relationship with my baby girl Snowy! My girl was an American Eskimo / Spitz and we got her when she was just 4 weeks old and she was diffenently my dog! I was her mom! I loved her like no other dog I ever had. SHe was so smart and loving! She did tricks and loved to play until she was about 10 to 12 years old. We took her out on the boat when we went fishing and she had to check out all that was caught. Her daddy took her when he went out alone because she loved the boat and she was his helper. Then in 2003 we moved and things started to change with her. Gradually she became mean with other people then with her daddy. Never really with me but with others. THen she started pacing day and night. By this time last year I slept in the recliner to be able to hear her when she was in need of going potty. SHe then quit eating any dog food and would only eat people food. This spring I think it was in April we took her down to my cousins and she was just lost. NOw she wouldn't even eat people food or drink water and she was a water pig! SO we again had the talk about "putting her down" and finally my hussband saw what I did and agreed that it was time. Well we were in strange territory and just went through the Vets in the yellow pages of Yahoo. I picked this place that was close to a crematorium because the vet was a woman. I could not have picked a better place for her to take her last breath. This woman was just great and so compassionate! To make a long story shorter MY BABY is sitting on my end table and when I die she is going to be buried with her MOM! I miss her so but I know she is no longer suffering and is with her aunt Melanie and GOD where she belongs! So take care and someday when you least expect it your Hope will come back to you and she may not be in the same breed but you will know it is her by her same mannerisms and personality. So Lynda may god bless you and thanks for sharing with me. Love one dog lover to another, Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Looking for a home...
SapphireStar · 0 replies · 607 views
test thread
nikonshooter · 0 replies · 472 views
Horse people
Meginsf · 10 replies · 797 views
Ferrets!
shiftling · 1 replies · 442 views