Atkins or Low-Carb Curious?

Whacka Doodle
on 12/25/10 4:39 am
 Hi everybody!

New Group! -- http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/

We will be discussing low-carb / high-protein / Paleolithic / high-fat / Atkins eating programs!

Several OH members have posted questions or comments about the Atkins program, and also about high-protein, or low carb, or high-fat dieting.  Some people are interested in trying it to lose weight, or to refine their weight-loss, or just get carb cravings or blood-sugar under control.

This new group will provide information and support for those who would like to try this way of eating.

Even though I had WLS three years ago, and am thoroughly pleased with my Roux-en-Y, it has become necessary to get my sugary-foods cravings under control.  I still dump like a Mack truck, but have found other carbs slipping unhealthfully into my eating, and dearly wish to lose a little more weight.

So -- I'm "doing" Atkins again (it was effective for me in the past).  If you are also researching this way of eating, come give the new group a shot!

Come join us!
Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

Gwenifer
on 6/20/13 2:46 pm, edited 6/20/13 2:48 pm - CA

I had RnY in January '05. My high weight was 320, I was 250 on surgery day, and my lowest weight post op was 180. I'm now 210 and not happy whatsoever being over 200 again. I can still only eat small portions, 1/2 of a sandwich, open faced so only 1/2 of a slice of bread, so I know I haven't stretched too much.

I know my issue is sugar. I was hoping to have the sugar intolerance they said I'd have before the surgery was done, and I should have never tested it.

i did Atkins for 2 weeks and dropped 11 pounds then took a 2 day break...no breaks this time!

goal: 30 pounds regained to be gone then to lose the 20 I never lost and get to 160. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8463 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11000 views