ANY DS REGRETS?

Kenyatta W.
on 2/12/11 1:10 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

HI ALL!

I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WERE ANY DS REGRETS? I HEAR A LOT OF RNY REGRETS BUT NO DS REGRETS.

I AM TORN BETWEEN THE TWO. YES I KNOW IT IS A PERSONAL DECISION BUT JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WERE ANY DS REGRETS AND THE COMPLICATIONS YOU ARE DEALING WITH.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

kahlana
on 4/24/11 10:36 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I'd be interested in knowing as well since i am planning to go with the DS myself.
tammytamm
on 9/17/11 10:42 am - Willowbrook, IL
I know you posted this a while ago but I hope it is useful info for someone.
I had the DS in Oct 2005. I was around 350lbs.  It took two years to reach my goal weight of 185-190.
For the next 3 years I maintained my goal. Then last year all my GI problems started and I am at this very moment in the hospital.  First I started fainting for no apparent reason. Then the stomach pain started. I have been hospitalized 8 times since Oct 2010. I have been told I had everything from pancreatitis/chrons/celiac/e-coli/c-diff but even the GI docs I've seen are at a loss. I weigh a whopping 98lbs now.  Its hard to believe that I have gone from a size 30-32 to a 4.... and still losing no mater how often I eat and what supplements I take.
Valerie G.
on 1/8/13 1:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Hi Tammy, 

I just noticed this post, and wondered what the end result was? 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

determineddanni
on 10/21/11 3:44 am
To get solid advice on both I would do some lurking on the RNY and DS forums. Also maybe grab a couple vets from each and chat to them. Another thing I would look into is dsfacts.com and other sites compared the two surgeries. See what works best for you.
Batwingsman
on 3/21/12 4:23 pm - Garland, TX

You bet ..    But, what WLS alternative is there that gives (supposedly) as great % of EWL and maintenance of loss?   Until something better comes along, I guess we can't complain much .. 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

susieq35
on 3/31/12 4:48 am - Espanola, NM
DS on 04/24/12
Hi

I had the same conflict but have decided on DS mainly because of the sustained weight loss over time.

Best wishes

TravelingMomofTwo
on 5/15/12 9:09 pm
 I'm curious myself....thanks for posting this question.

Im sorry to hear (sorry I couldn't recall name) you are in the hospital. Did you have health issues before the DS that may have contributed to the problems? Are you on a regular protein/vitamin diet, with regular dr and surgeon follow-up? Just trying to see if there is anything we can do to protect ourselves from medical harm IF we get the DS...

DS Surgery Date Scheduled for July!

HW: 277

ChristyTal
on 7/15/12 10:46 am
Regret that I didn't do it 15 years sooner!  I have my life back.  I'm "ME" again!  Maintaining easily.  Amazing. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 866 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8463 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9027 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11000 views