Thinking about joining the Army, Had LAP-Band surgery.

binro01
on 1/26/09 10:56 pm - Miller Place, NY
Hi all,

Dont look at my ticker LOL. I havent updated it. I had the Lap Band put in me late August 2008, and currently lost close to 70 lbs. I have about 80 more lbs to go to make weight for Army service.

I always wanted to attempt to get into OCS for the Army. Now that I'm going to the gym on a daily basis, and seeting my strength and endurance increase, I'm thinking that this might be a possibility, but I cant seem to find a solid answer if the LAP-Band is a PDQ, even if its completely unfilled and there is no restriction.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Kindest Regards,

Rob
Tia Lee C.
on 4/24/09 2:27 am - Hinesville, GA
 I just contacted a recruiter not long ago and they said it has to be REMOVED and out for at least 6 months.  I think it is STUPID because if its not filled it isn't doing anything.  I would contact a local recruiter that is willing to work with you because you can go to MEPS and they CAN get a waiver.  It just depends who you get cause most are LAZY.  Good luck! :)
Tiffany C S.
on 1/26/10 6:09 am - Flint, MI
this is exactly what i wanted to do. i know im replying late. but how did everything go with the band and the army. i am using the band as a tool to help me as well. i would love your input.
hope all is well.

Thank You

Tiffany

Weight Loss is a Journey, You Have Be Dedicated to Make it To The Finish Line.

Most Active