New to Army Message Board

LeaOna Lewis
on 4/29/06 11:13 pm - Cusseta, GA
Hello, my name is Lea Lewis and I am new to this message board. I live in Cusseta, GA right outside Fort Benning, GA. I had my surgery done on March 14, 2006. I am doing great and feeling wonderful. I have lost 38.5lbs.....YEA. I have a wonderful husband and three awesome dogs. My husband is active duty Army. He has just completed three years as a drill Sgt. He is instructor at BOLC- it is new program-Basic Officer Leadership Course. He has been in the Army for 17 1/2 years. I had the the gastric by pass for several reasons. But my main reason is because I was born with club feet and in 1999, I twisted my ankle and found out that the cartlidge in my left foot/ankle was almost completely gone due to the arthritis. In October 2000 I had my first of 7 surgeries on my ankle. I have had 2 triple arthodis fusion, 2 hardware removal and 3 complete fusions. My last fusion was September 2005 and I am happy to say, so far this one seems to be doing well. The dr wants to wait to see how losing weight will help the pain, before we go any further. BUT the pain has decreased tremendously. Do to the surgery my weight has been up and down these last five years do to the immobility. I really haven't had any problems with my gastric by pass surgery. Normal muscle pain but that is about it. I have had 4 bad eating experiences...no dumping... I wish I had did this about 5 years ago. I am starting a support group meeting called The Happy and Healthy Side of Me. I have went through the training with Obesityhelp. I meeting will the first Monday of each month at the public library on Macon Road. With our first Meeting being May 1, 2006 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. Well, I hope all is doing wonderful and I pray you have a great day. See you on the Happy and Healthy Side. Lea Lewis
Most Active