Hernia repair?

Jny4
on 5/8/06 3:39 am
Hello, I have been referred to general surgery for them to evaluate my hernias. I am not sure if they will be doing it here on base or will send me to a civilian. My question is, have any of you been approved for a hernia repair and tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), with a grade 1 apron and very little irritation/skin infection issues? Any of you been approved for only the hernia repair and were told that they weren't approving the tummy tuck? I am getting nervous and worried, besides this constant pain from the hernias. I really want the skin gone...and the hernia repaired, oh and a couple million $$$$ Thanks. JennyferB p.s. I have had a few friends that recently had Tricare approve their panniculectomy (results of c-sections, not weight loss related). They didn't get the muscle tightening approved because there was no muscle damage. They have about the same amount of hanging skin or a bit more.
Becky P.
on 5/9/06 3:14 pm - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Jennyfer, I was denied a TT but approved for the hernia repair. I did have my muscles tightened. I did pay the difference my self to have the TT at the same time. I am in the Tri-West region because we live on the west coast. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago today. I have know others that have gotten both the hernia repair/tt done at the same time and covered by Tri-West. They had pictures of their rashes where as I did not. So I would suggest to you that you take pics and also go to the doctor and have your rashes documented. Do this every time and also make sure they make notes of it in your records. Just a suggestion. I hope that it works out for you!! Becky
Anne M.
on 12/8/06 2:32 am - Tyler, TX
I am an Army wife in Texas and I have been told by other military spouses that if you want Trciare to pick up the cost of tummy tuck or other plastic surgery related to the WLS you need to be diligent in taking pics and seeing your physician for every rash or irritation in the affected skin region. I know of two spouses who had tummy tucks paid for by Tricare due to doing a good job documenting it. Good luck!
Most Active