Recent Posts

Christine B.
on 6/7/04 5:39 am - Cincinnati, OH
Topic: RE: Rheumatoid Arthritis
I have RA also...I've had it for 5 years now.....I have tried Plaquenil...methotrexate..Vioxx..Celebrex.....now I also take Humira.....which has helped me so much with the pain and stiffness...RA ruined my left knee to the point I need a total knee replacement but cant get one till the weight comes off and the swelling in my legs go down....Im scheduled for surgery on July 15th...my biggest fear is being mobile after the surgery...I can barely walk now...I wonder does anyone have any sugestions on what I should do?..Ive heard about a greenfield filter but I am scared to death of that
dchildress
on 6/1/04 3:00 pm - Covington, GA
I also suffer from Arthritis but not as bad as you hun. I hope they can find the right mix for your releif. I knew going into this that my pouch would be to small to ever take oral meds for my arthritis. I know if things do not improve I will be on pain meds again, and Lord I pray that will not happen. Most of my body is doing better, the knees, the arms, but the lower back can not decide weither or not it wants to ease up. Some days are far better than others. My surgeon has recomended that I continue to see my Chiropractor for some relief as I go though this loosing stage of my new transformation. I know I have not really helped you but just want to let you know that you have others that are thinking of you. Much Love.
Darlilly1313
on 5/29/04 3:58 pm - WV
Irish,I came to this forum to ask about ra after wls, My pcp seems to think that weight loss will help it.I hope that someone els posts with something positive.I was told that I would not be able to take pred, or vioxx after wls.I will pray for you.God bless. Dar
mspisces
on 5/20/04 3:30 pm - Somewhere, AL
Topic: Rheumatoid Arthritis
is a big part of my life. I have had it since 1992. I had wls in feb 2004 and thought it would help my RA, but it has made the pain worse. I have been going to physical therapy for my knee and it is not helping but making things worse. I have lost 67 lbs since surgery and I am smaller, but the pain is unbearable at times. I exercise and walk and I have to make myself do these things. If I don't I get stiff and can't. I have taken all kinds of meds for RA and now I take Humira 40 mg shots every 2 weeks and I get a methotrexate shot every week. I take tylenol or darvocet for pain. I don't do pain meds as often because they will constipate. I took prednisone for 8 years almost and it did help with the pain a lot, but I can't take it since I had surgery cause it prevents the body from healing and breaks down tissue. Has anyone had any better relief since they had wls? Irish
gavin F.
on 5/12/04 3:16 am - parker, CO
Topic: PLEASE READ!!! THIS COULD HELP YOU!!!
First off I'll start with sayin that I do not have any type of arthritis or joint pain but I do enjoy trying to help the ones that do. I'm an independent distributer that helps market a health beverage from Tahiti called Tahitian Noni juice. Now I cannot guarantee any results but there have been many cases where people have had arthritis and after taking just a few ounces of juice a day for a few weeks they feel much much better. I would also like to say that if for any reason (any reason at all) your not satisfied you may return the juice not questions asked. But I would atleast check out the two sites I'll post below and read a little bit about the product. I really feel this may help you all. For Arthritis Testimonials: www.incc.org/sfs/testimonials/category_5.htm For other information and to order Juice: www.WheresYourNoni.com Thank you and hope all goes well, Gavin
gavin F.
on 5/12/04 3:12 am - parker, CO
Topic: RE: this is great!!
First off I'll start with sayin that I do not have any type of arthritis or joint pain but I do enjoy trying to help the ones that do. I'm an independent distributer that helps market a health beverage from Tahiti called Tahitian Noni juice. Now I cannot guarantee any results but there have been many cases where people have had arthritis and after taking just a few ounces of juice a day for a few weeks they feel much much better. I would also like to say that if for any reason (any reason at all) your not satisfied you may return the juice not questions asked. But I would atleast check out the two sites I'll post below and read a little bit about the product. I really feel this may help you all. For Arthritis Testimonials: www.incc.org/sfs/testimonials/category_5.htm For other information and to order Juice: www.WheresYourNoni.com Thank you and hope all goes well, Gavin
Sweet Cheeks L.
on 5/8/04 8:45 am - mi
Topic: RE: Gout...Anyone Have It?
She did take a blood test, but I didn't ask her how it came out. Yesterday she ordered me some indocine. Much much better. Still there but hopefully by Monday, it will be almost gone. Thanks for assisting. Judy
erin o
on 5/8/04 4:50 am - MOORPARK, CA
Topic: RE: Gout...Anyone Have It?
My husband gets this every once in a while.We have found limiting beans and white wine helps also.They gave him vioxx which helped.His luckily is not chronic.Has the doctor done a test to see how much uric acid is in your blood?? Erin
Sweet Cheeks L.
on 5/6/04 6:30 pm - mi
Topic: Gout...Anyone Have It?
Hi, I am waiting for Insurance Approval, (RNY) and therefore do not yet have a date. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Gout? I am hoping after the surgery, and get my weight down, it will calm down a bit. I believe I have had it for quite awhile, and just didn't know it. With every pound I gain, it gets worse. I was told that Gout is the first step to Arthritis. The doctor prescribed 30mg a day of allopurinol, and it helps, but boy is it still there. My toes sometimes are almost unbearable. I am just hoping someone out there has had my problem, and can give me some insite.....Thanks, Judy
Vicki M.
on 5/5/04 5:17 am - Brandenburg, KY
Topic: RE: voltaren
Hi, From what my surgeon told me, that answer would be no! I'm not allowed to take any form of anti inflammatories, or steroids, or asprin. I'm 17 months out, 136 pounds down, and I just found a pain doc. to help me deal with the arthritis. I'm thankful that I've had the RNY, but it's hell treating things afterwards. I wish you luck. Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bone Density Low
nesterpoe · 0 replies · 95 views
Intense knee pain?
Nknerr · 1 replies · 2332 views
Butrans patch
mermaidoz · 5 replies · 3539 views
Exercise where to start???
fiercebynature · 4 replies · 4804 views