Hmm any artists out there?

Tami Jean A.
on 7/19/05 11:03 am - Schenectady, NY
I have been having these dreams and ideas just flowing out of me for some paintings and sculpture I NEED to create. and although I am a fairly good scetcher, I have no paint or sculpture experience. Any ideas how I can get started?
Peggy B.
on 8/22/05 11:42 am - Westlake, LA
I do alot of surfing on the internet for different methods of creating my art. I am a graphite artist, creating lifelike portrait sketches from people's favorite photographs. I have so much fun! I just did one of my older sister from when she was about 13 years old and I did another one of my nephew and myself on a school merry-go-round. (We are the same age. Yup! My mother (40 yrs. old) and my sister (20 something yrs. old) had babies within a couple of months of each other. I am also learning to use watercolor pencils and relearning to oil paint (it's been years since I used my oils!). Anyhow, just thought I'd stop by and say hello from one artist to another. Have a great week and enjoy creating. Peggy B.
DianneW
on 9/15/05 11:30 am - Louisville, KY
I'm thinking about taking a water color class. Dianne w.
Peggy B.
on 9/16/05 6:24 am - Westlake, LA
Have you ever worked with watercolor pencils? I love them! You color with them just like you would color pencils and then use a dampened brush tip to blend. Fun, fun, fun! Enjoy your class! Peggy B.
don0989.
on 4/9/06 4:31 am - Porterville, CA
Go for it young lady. Enjoy yourself. Develop your own style and don't let anybody move you from your cause. If you have the paints, a few brushes and watercolor paper you can start at home. My wife and I will be in Louisville from 25 June to 1 July at the NACC Convention and we will be staying at the Galt. Keep me posted. I bring some Watercolor and paper and then part of the trip can be tax deducted. Don
tessartwork
on 12/18/05 9:27 am - Oxford, PA
I am an artist. I paint wall murals, painted stained glass windows, pet portraits, people portraits...just about anything! I have a website if you are interested in taking a peek at some of my work, www.moorecreativeartistry.com. Tess
michvet3
on 1/1/06 4:24 am - Nha Trang, Vietnam
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about all of your ups and downs. I hope you are hanging in there. I am a totally disabled Vietnam Veteran and I do paintings of my memories of that time, when I served in the Army as a combat medic. I also have a website, in case you'd like to check any of them out. For me, doing these paintings has been very good therapy. I have always drawn, painted, created images all of my life, but it wasn't until about four years ago that I began feeling brave enough to work through my old memories. It's a bit like unloading all of that internal poison. My next step is to work on my "outer self." I go in to see my doctor in Phoenix about having the lap band procedure done. I have already been approved to have a civilian doctor perform the procedure, so insurance is not really my concern. In fact, I am very ready to get this on and do it-the quicker the better. Please feel free to drop me a line at any time. The biggest thing about doing paintings is just making the time and sitting down to do it! It doesn't matter what they look like, only that they look good to you and say the things that are within you. The fact that people seem to like my paintings is secondary to what they do for me. As they say, Just Do It! If I can help you in any way, just let me know. We are all in this TOGETHER! Doc
Julie K.
on 3/8/06 11:09 am - St Paul, MN
Hello, I am a fine artist, I was very happy to find this posting, here is a link to my paintings. I had the RNY November 21 2006 I think I am doing ok, it seems to be going slow, for me. Some one Please write me. Julie http://www.geocities.com/jksfineart/
PattiU.
on 6/8/06 2:16 am - Galloway, NJ
Hi all, I am Patti Underwood from New Jersey. Originally from Philadelphia PA. I am going to have the lap bad .(sometime! it is taking forever) I went to art school in Philly and graduated last May from Hussian school of art. I am not working at it now, but I do polymer clay and just love it. Going to school was always my dream and I went there with kids out of high school and I was 50 years old!. had alot of fun but the critiques were brutal, and now I have less confidence, graphic design was the major, but the course covered everything from printmaking to painting and all the computer programs etc. It is so cool that they have a message board here for all of our interests! Tami, I keep a book just for ideas. no one sees it. so when I get an idea etc. I jot it down and then when I have time I mess around with it. also learn to do "thunbnail" drawings of your ideas. like 2x2 little blocks. so you will fill pages up and get a better idea of it. This is cool! Patti
billymack
on 8/16/07 7:09 am
I am an artist. I mainly do illustration and graphic design as well as teach art. Im a graduate of Ringling School of Art and Design. Good tip with teaching thumbnails.
Most Active