Recent Posts

artist4life92768
on 2/20/14 4:27 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15
Topic: RE: Hmm any artists out there?

I'm not sure if anyone reads this board anymore, but I will add my two cents. Tami, you might want to try doing some ACEO cards. They are cards the size of a baseball trading card and they come in many different papers, watercolor, bristol board, sketch, canvas paper......and are quite inexpensive. Some people have fun creating them and then selling them on eBay and the like, even making custom holders and envelopes for them. I, myself am a portrait artist and have done a few in this size. My work can be viewed here..... http://www.paintingsilove.com/artist/stacyflum  Have fun!

Mia B.
on 9/5/10 11:04 am - Lafayette, IN
Topic: RE: Abstract Expressionist - Non-Objective Artist - Acrylics
Hi! That is awesome about your granddaughter. I work in pencil and have taken up acrylic the past several years. I am trying to groom my grandaughter in art also she is almost two, still learning her colors but is very visually expressive. I'd like to maybe meet you in person. My name is Mia.
billymack
on 8/16/07 7:09 am
I am an artist. I mainly do illustration and graphic design as well as teach art. Im a graduate of Ringling School of Art and Design. Good tip with teaching thumbnails.
PattiU.
on 6/8/06 2:16 am - Galloway, NJ
Hi all, I am Patti Underwood from New Jersey. Originally from Philadelphia PA. I am going to have the lap bad .(sometime! it is taking forever) I went to art school in Philly and graduated last May from Hussian school of art. I am not working at it now, but I do polymer clay and just love it. Going to school was always my dream and I went there with kids out of high school and I was 50 years old!. had alot of fun but the critiques were brutal, and now I have less confidence, graphic design was the major, but the course covered everything from printmaking to painting and all the computer programs etc. It is so cool that they have a message board here for all of our interests! Tami, I keep a book just for ideas. no one sees it. so when I get an idea etc. I jot it down and then when I have time I mess around with it. also learn to do "thunbnail" drawings of your ideas. like 2x2 little blocks. so you will fill pages up and get a better idea of it. This is cool! Patti
deniseapple
on 5/4/06 4:55 am - 48224, MI
Topic: check out this new exhibit, what do u think? Women with Curces!!
I'm talking about an upcoming art and photography exhibit called Venus Revolution. This exhibit is being produced by Atlanta's multimedia revolutionary, Hotep, owner of Skinnymen Productions. Hotep, who has produced a number of hip-hop albums, several music videos, a movie, and a new book, is now addressing the issues of beauty, society, and the black woman with this new and potentially controversial exhibit, Venus Revolution. The exhibit was inspired by the story of the legendary Hottentot Venus, Saartjie Baartman, a South African woman who was pursuaded by an Englishman in 1810 to exhibit herself in throughout Europe after he found himself amazed by her enormous buttocks... I guess this makes him the first white man on record to be hypnotized by the power of the black bootay! And that would make the Hottentot Venus history's first official booty-licious black woman, huh? www.venusrevolution.com All joking aside, the Venus Revolution promises to be a thought provoking exhibit that examines and pushes the boundaries of our cultural standards of beauty. Check out the website for more information about the exhibit, which will be held June 5th at the Apache Cafe in Atlanta.
don0989.
on 4/9/06 4:31 am - Porterville, CA
Go for it young lady. Enjoy yourself. Develop your own style and don't let anybody move you from your cause. If you have the paints, a few brushes and watercolor paper you can start at home. My wife and I will be in Louisville from 25 June to 1 July at the NACC Convention and we will be staying at the Galt. Keep me posted. I bring some Watercolor and paper and then part of the trip can be tax deducted. Don
don0989.
on 4/8/06 4:33 pm - Porterville, CA
Topic: Abstract Expressionist - Non-Objective Artist - Acrylics
Most of my work is abstracted landscapes but some of that work goes to the point of non-objective. I enjoy color and large canvases (32 x 48 to 48 x 72) My palette is generally warmer that cooler. I really like the quinacridone colors even the warm colors are cool. I also have a grand daughter that is an artist (3 years old) and has already got a 1st and 3rd place awards against adults here in the southern part of the San Joaquin Valley.
AmmUnique
on 3/8/06 12:15 pm - Hurdle MIlls, NC
Topic: HEY!!
Great! So glad you guys(and gals) are here. I am a struggling artist myself. Having been pushing my art for many years and its finally going a little. I do a variety of different mediums, but mainly stick with pastels and acrylics. I just started oils and LOVE them. I have currently been paying my bills by doing murals and Trompe l' oeil's. Also doing portraiture on the side to supplement my income. It has been wonderful and inevitably ,one day will have a gallery opening. Im damned and determined!!Thanks for putting this site up! Mark Anthony(I'm A girl)
Julie K.
on 3/8/06 11:09 am - St Paul, MN
Hello, I am a fine artist, I was very happy to find this posting, here is a link to my paintings. I had the RNY November 21 2006 I think I am doing ok, it seems to be going slow, for me. Some one Please write me. Julie http://www.geocities.com/jksfineart/
michvet3
on 1/1/06 4:24 am - Nha Trang, Vietnam
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about all of your ups and downs. I hope you are hanging in there. I am a totally disabled Vietnam Veteran and I do paintings of my memories of that time, when I served in the Army as a combat medic. I also have a website, in case you'd like to check any of them out. For me, doing these paintings has been very good therapy. I have always drawn, painted, created images all of my life, but it wasn't until about four years ago that I began feeling brave enough to work through my old memories. It's a bit like unloading all of that internal poison. My next step is to work on my "outer self." I go in to see my doctor in Phoenix about having the lap band procedure done. I have already been approved to have a civilian doctor perform the procedure, so insurance is not really my concern. In fact, I am very ready to get this on and do it-the quicker the better. Please feel free to drop me a line at any time. The biggest thing about doing paintings is just making the time and sitting down to do it! It doesn't matter what they look like, only that they look good to you and say the things that are within you. The fact that people seem to like my paintings is secondary to what they do for me. As they say, Just Do It! If I can help you in any way, just let me know. We are all in this TOGETHER! Doc
Most Active