The ugliness of cancer

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/05 9:53 am - Oak park, MI
Jessica O. died, and the loss I feel is profound. I have followed her story and have exchanged emails with her on a few occassions. She was brave and she fought hard. It is tragic. Her family is certainly in my thoughts. Terri
katiemother
on 11/15/05 12:05 am - Northern, VA
Terri, I only knew of her when I read of her death. I went to her profile and was amazed at her difficult and painful time following WLS. From her account, I don't think she received the standard of aftercare. On top of that to be diagnosed with breast cancer! My sister is in the end stages of breast cancer. Since she is divorced and childless, family members rotate living with her as she is too far advanced to care for herself. I'm the closest as I live an hour away and spend a lot of time with her. People seem to think of breast cancer as cute pink ribbons and how 'everyone' beats it. Bullcrap! It's an ugly, crappy disease that leaves women mutilated and kills ways too many. This is where I get so mad at the nonsense in this administration and in congress. Quit spending money on bridges to nowhere and on a useless war! We need directed money on research to cure and to cure without mutilating, childhood cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer............. RIP (Can an atheist say that?) Jessica.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Group
LeaAnn · 0 replies · 272 views
hi everyone
lovelylisa · 0 replies · 306 views
WOW!
BrownieGirl · 4 replies · 326 views