Have a found a new place to hang my hat?

karen C.
on 12/21/05 7:09 pm - Kennewick, WA
Hello, I was surfing and thought I'd drop in. . . I spend a lot of time on the "Over Fifty Forum." It meets a lot of my needs and is a diverse group with lots of discussion and many different views. I don't have a problem with that. I find it stimulating as it takes all kinds of people to make a world. However, I guess I would have to call myself a "closet" agnostic. I talk about my views to people that I care about, but keep my mouth shut around ones who tend to feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen the light. I was raised in a strict religious environment. From that I got lots of guilt trips and grew to feel that if it felt good it must be wrong. So here I am at 56 still trying to figure things out. When I went to OA many years ago I had trouble with the higher power thing. Just couldn't get beyond it tho "they" said my higher power could be anything I wanted it to be. . . Just couldn't see how that would work better than me taking responsibility. . .tho for many years I didn't. I guess I'm still too afraid to say there is no God, but I sure haven't seen any evidence such as a burning bush. I know people who claim to have had such an experience. For me, for now, that hasn't happened and I'm seeking meaning to my life. On 2/16/05 I had Lap Rny. I weighed 377, now weigh 216 and am so much healthier and happier in this new old body. I continue to work my program, and try to find healthy ways to live my life and to cope with life's adventures. I'm exercising much more, actually telling people how I feel about things, (shocks the h-e-double toothpicks out of them). Thanks for sharing and for listening. I have a feeling that I'll be back often. Karen
katiemother
on 12/22/05 2:03 am - Northern, VA
Welcome Karen, glad you found us. Congrats on the weight loss. It took me a while to finally admit I was an Athiest. The journey is short, long or never finished for many of us. Barb B.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Group
LeaAnn · 0 replies · 272 views
hi everyone
lovelylisa · 0 replies · 306 views
WOW!
BrownieGirl · 4 replies · 326 views