New to the group

windsong
on 5/23/08 8:29 pm - Australia
Hello everyone My name is Debbie and i am from Adelaide. I am booked in for surgery on the 10th of june, after much back and fro i have decided that the sleeve is my choice, even though my surgeon had more or less talked me into the band. So when i see him on the 24th of may i'm going to tell him that i want the sleeve which was my first original choice. He commented that the sleeve has only been done for about 3yrs in australia so i would like to hear from anyone who has had the sleeve as to have you been able to keep the weight off, have you restretched the stomach? Starting weight 109kgs, bmi of 44.8......gosh that sounds terrible!!!!! It's been a 30yr battle and i finally realised that i'm not winning the battle, it just keeps creeping up....mind you i blame the 5 kids...lol So am nervous but excited at the same time. Thank goodness i finally found a site for us in australia. Debbie
poohbearpam
on 5/23/08 10:50 pm - Australia
Hi Debbie I'm Pam from Perth and I'm being sleeved on 6th of June - so only a few days before you. I've talked to a few sleevers and most are doing fantastic with their sleeves - theres only one case I've heard of where someone is regaining weight and that is apparently because they are eating/drinking the wrong things (soft drink and choc milks) But I have only talked to people a year or less out after their surgery - so I dont know what it will be like 5 or 10 years down the track. I do know that I wont be here in 10 years with my health the way it is now if I dont do this op. So for me it is worth the risk of a possible regain down the track - though I'm going to work my hardest to make sure that doesn't happen to me!! Good luck with your surgery Debbie - you have to let us know how it goes! Pam
Kannie
on 6/8/08 10:19 pm - Australia
Hi Pam/Debbie, Hope your surgery went well Pam. Good luck tomorrow Debbie, thoughts are with you. Chat soon. :>) Kannie
Butterflygurl1
on 6/30/08 8:13 pm - New Zealand
hi debbie. My name is kelly from Rotorua NZ. One of my friends has a sleeve and is doing well. we have a support thread on trademe if u wanna check it out - people there are as lovely as they are here :) there messageboards are under the "community" tab under "opinion". Pop in and say hi :)
Most Active
Recent Topics