11 Months Post-Op... 191 Pounds Gone Forever... Ironman Here I Come

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/7/08 12:51 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I cannot believe I am almost a year post-op. It has been a crazy year! I literally went from weezing to get  up a flight of stairs at 400 pounds to being an addicted endurance athlete at 209 pounds today. Weird to type that... Athlete. However, that's what I am. I have heard from so many people who have never had a weight problem, or from others who have had WLS and they comment on my rapid weight loss and a typical response is..."Guys lose weight so much faster than women". While that may be true, I try to not let what others try to discount cloud the reality. In reality, I run 35-45 miles a week, I cycle 100 - 125 miles a week, and I swim about 6-8 miles a week, also, I do weight training, coach soccer, am a father, husband and sole bread winner for my family. The reality is, I have busted my tail to get to where I am at and would do it all over again in a heart beat! I have been given a new lease on life and I am gonna take it and run with it, literally! I am a very blessed man, and I am so thankful for all the good friends I have made here on OH, you all are the best! As I turn my thoughts to how I am going to spend my 11th month surgiversary (I will be running my first 26.2 mile marathon), I will be running to the finish line to embrace my family and friends who have loved and supported me, and will be holding my head high knowing that I have made the decision to change my life and run away from this terible disease of obesity forever. Then, my thoughts will be turned to the 6 Ironman events I am registered for in 2009.... 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile cycle, and 26.2 mile run... 17 Hours to complete..... I will be an Ironman!
Go to my website to track my training and progress... www.trimywill.com

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

msvelvet
on 12/7/08 6:08 pm - Sherwood, Australia
Wow, sensational mate!  Sounds like you have given up the food addiction and taken up the exercise addiction....way to go!

10,000 steps walking challenge coordinator to register; http://10000steps.org.au/ and then pm me your email and I will link you to the challenge.

Most Active
Recent Topics