Considering BPD

catherine T.
on 12/7/08 8:09 am - lindenhurst, ny
Hello Everyone,                                                                                                                                                       I  am writing to get any information from people that have had the BPD. My husband  has been a patient  of Dr. George Fielding { from A ustraila } now in New York and had a lap band for four years and lost 172 pounds or 78 kgs. He developed an erosion and Dr. Fielding attempted to replace the band but there was to much scar tissue that developed he was unable to. If he could not replace the band I don't think anyone else can. He has suggested the BPD for my husband. A DS is out because of the scar tissue the stomach can not be sleeved. We have been doing much research but would really like to hear from real people and there experiences. If there are any old patients of Georges even better. We would like to know all the good the bad and the ugly! Hope to hear from someone soon and thanks in advance. If  you prefer please email privately at    [email protected]
msvelvet
on 12/7/08 6:05 pm - Sherwood, Australia
BPD is not a common WLS surgery in Australia, so I have no idea how to respond to you.  I know Dr Fielding has a great reputation, but I had always thought of him as a band doctor.  Can't say I know much about BPD.  You should post on the main board.

Anne

10,000 steps walking challenge coordinator to register; http://10000steps.org.au/ and then pm me your email and I will link you to the challenge.

Most Active
Recent Topics