Aspergers Diagnosis

Dixie Chick
on 8/24/06 9:05 am - War Eagle, AL
We just got the long awaited diagnosis of Aspergers for my 13 year old son. ANY help, info, or just someone to talk to to would be so welcomed! I have researched on the internet since 2000. I just knew as a Mother that this was what was going on, but never got the right answers! I am a basket full of emotions! Thanks, Lindy
Jacqueline H.
on 10/23/06 5:47 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
I know it's been a while now since you posted this, so I'm curious to know how things are working out now that you have a diagnosis? My son was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2000, and while I think he actually has PDD-NOS (another diagnosis on the autistic spectrum), it was such a relief to have ANY diagnosis that accounted for his autistic traits that I was thrilled. We had spent years trying to understand why he had echolalia, perseveration, noise sensitivy, and OCD-like behaviors, but all anyone could say was that he was "too social to have autism." It's been a godsend to have the definitions of what constitutes the autistic spectrum opened up to reflect reality. I know a lot of people feel labels are "bad," but after our experience, I think that knowing what is going on and what you can expect is incredibly helpful in figuring out how to address your child's needs better. Hope you and your family are doing well with this! Jacqi
AMYH-M
on 5/31/09 3:53 am - League City, TX
I know it has been a while since you posted this, but my 17-year-old son has asperger's .  If you want to talk, I'm here.
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 326 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 794 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 726 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 368 views