Playing in POOP HELP

AUTISM M.
on 2/24/05 1:20 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
My little boy is 2 1/2. everytime he poops he plays in it. I always try to catch him as soon as he goes. It's hard to catch him. He will get it on my carpet, sofa ect. I'm at the end of my rope on what to do. He is pretty low funtioning. Just at my wits end. Thanks Kristin
blister
on 4/29/05 9:01 am - Charlotte, NC
My daughter Morgan did this for a while. I don't think it was that she wanted to play in it, just that she did not want it in her pants. Try as hard as you can to catch him going and change him quick. Maybe when he understands that you are the one to clean him up he will come to you for a change and not try to take it out himself. My daughter is 11 and she went through this at about 2 1/2-3 years old so I really do not remember what exactly I did. It will stop. They go through phases of behaviors. Morgan is now again flushing things down the toilet. She has not done this in years. Hope this helps in some way. Susan 237/137
AUTISM M.
on 5/1/05 10:20 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Susan, Thanks !!! I think he likes to play in it. He runs and hides when he does it. I do try to get to him fast! Some times I keep him in a sleeper all day long so that he can't get to it. I hate to do this but I just don't know what to do. He also head bangs, and it's been getting really bad too. We put him on meds, but he is not even 3 yet . ( July 1st ) he will. My daughter also has Autism, and never did any of this. She is HFA. Right now Im fighting to get my son into an approved private school, I so hope they can help him. ( Easter Seals school) Take care and I hope all is well with you and your daughter!! Hugs Kristin
Brett
on 10/17/05 9:08 am - Paradise, CA
Hi Kristen. I have a 9-year old who is severe, on the low end of the spectrum, and has no language. His name is Sam. Sam has done the poop thing off and on for years. However, I think these past few months we finally got through it. We strongly scold him when he poops outside the br and when he plays in it. Then, because he is so kinesthetic, we give him a cold shower to wash him off. He does NOT like cold--he is a comfort kid. While in the shower we talk to him constantly about appropriate behavior (because we KNOW he understands when he cares to listen). He has gotten the message. He doesn't like those cold showers. Brett 363/230/190
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 326 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 795 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 726 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 368 views