Hi all! *waves*

Louisa S.
on 5/3/05 8:05 am - NY
I see I am on a different side of autism than most of you! I have Asperger Syndrome I am *hoping* to have a lapband surgery before the year is up, but we'll see how things go. Anyways...I just wanted to pop in and say Hi!!
AUTISM M.
on 5/3/05 10:06 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Louisa!! Hello!! and welcome!!!! I'm glad you came by to say hello!!!!! If I may ask what age did you find out you have Aspergers? I have a 5 year old son that has possible aspergers. I also have a daughter that has HFA and a son that is lower functioning Autism. Do you know when you will have your lap band done?? Kristin
Louisa S.
on 5/4/05 12:46 am - NY
I just recently found out that I have AS, less than a year ago. It was masked by my ADHD, which is pretty severe, so no one picked up on the AS. I definetely think that the earlier you are dx'd, the easier life will be I do not know when I will have my lap band, I hope soon, though!!
AUTISM M.
on 5/4/05 1:44 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi!! Well I hope you do have your band done soon!!! Have you talked to the doctor yet? I have to agree the sooner the dx the better! I'm sure my husband has Aspergers and I've told him that. He does not agree. Years ago when he was little they dx him as a " Hyper child" My newphew was org dx with ADHD, OCD, and now they changed it to aspergers. Kristin
Louisa S.
on 5/5/05 9:05 am - NY
I have not talked to the dr who will do the surgery, but my regular dr thinks that the lap band will be good for me AS does get misdiagnosed very often, or so it seems
JaniceR
on 5/7/05 2:26 am - Tulsa, OK
HI my oldest son Chris age 15 has Asperger. We figured it out and got a diagnosis in the 90's like 95 I believe. I think it was just added to the diagnostic books in 94. It was a relief and very inlightening to put a name to it. He also has mild Tourettes and OCD. He's a great kid but oh boy those teen years are tough. Some days I'm ready to kill him!! AHHH!!!Good luck to you. Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 326 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 795 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 726 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 368 views