Asperger's

Mickey M.
on 5/13/05 3:42 am - Nipomo, CA
I am new to the site and have a nine year old son with AS. The school phsych kept telling us he had ADD, which he doesn't. all AS kids show forms of OCD and impulse control probs. We use Neurofeedback therapy, which immediately took away night terrors, migraines, and bed wetting. He now takes such care with his three year old brother, that they are sometimes inseperable. We just discovered an Occupational therapist in our are for AS kids. He went for his consult appt and we are waiting to find out what type of therapy she will use, but in the meantime she's using tactile sensory therapy called "brushing". You've got to try this. You brush certain areas of the body deeply with a surgical brush, then put your hands on your head and jump up and down 10 times.8-l
AUTISM M.
on 5/13/05 9:06 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Michelle, We used the brushing program on my daughter and it did seem to help her a great deal. She has HFA. Then we used it on my son and it didn't seem to help much. Kristin
Mickey M.
on 5/14/05 10:05 am - Nipomo, CA
Our new occupational therapist also saw a eye sensory problem with our son while assessing him, and I'm waiting to hear what she found. I told her that I take him to an Optomistrist every 2 years, but she said that there is something else there that wouldn't have been caught by an exam. She said when she did certain tests and excercises with him pertaining to eye sensory motion, his headaches began-we'll see.
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 326 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 795 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 726 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 368 views