ADHD-Autisim, Is there a connection?

Larissa A.
on 7/31/05 12:53 am - Manati, XX
Hello. My name is Larissa Amador and I'm a teacher in Puerto Rico. At the moment I'm back in school to get certified as a Special Ed. teacher and as part of the program I have to do an investigation and I decided to do it on children that share characteristics with ADHD and Autism. I believe that there is a strong connection between both. Is there any opportunity that someone can share with me some information? My email address is [email protected] Thank you.
SarahB
on 8/8/05 2:53 pm - Litchfield, MN
I have ADHD and my son has a form of Autisim. I can see some of my issues in my son however for the most part he is very differant from me.
deelight152
on 8/13/05 3:56 am - Down South, IL
my husband has adhd and my son has autism high funtioning!
Kim S.
on 8/14/05 7:58 am - Columbus, IN
Yes ,their is ,I read this in something from I.U., I get news letters in the mail about every 2-3 months,I got the info from our Mental Health Center , here in Columbus, IN. Kim
B.J.
on 8/15/05 9:33 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
I was told by our neuropsychologist at Kennedy Krieger's Center for Autism and Related Disorders (Baltimore, MD) that 70% of children with autism also experience ADHD-type behavior. There is a school of thought out there that says ADHD is on the autism spectrum. Personally I think it is the vaccines that have caused all the damage to these children (there's a study out now by the Geiers claiming a 1:6 rate of behavior issues in kids when the vaccine schedule grew to 20+ shots in the 90's) Sigh. -BJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 326 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 792 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 724 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 368 views