Occupational Therapy

Mickey M.
on 9/16/05 12:33 pm - Nipomo, CA
I haven't visited this page for quite some time, but I have a question for any of you out there. I have a problem with my PPO insurance. We have an okay for occupational therapy under the cpt code of lack of coordination, but the evaluation code will not work. My insurance does not cover anything neurological, only medical. Any advice out there? My OT and Doc and I have tried several codes and tries, but any advice would be welcome. I have already paid the $500.00 bill, but would really like to be reimbursed. Isn't it barbaric how they cover the treatment, but not the eval to get the treatment.
Kelly S
on 9/21/05 8:34 pm - Some City, PA
Hi Mickey Mom, I don't know what services are provided in your state, but I would start calling different agencies in your area to see if your child may get some medical assistance from the State. When my son was diagnosed with Autism, he became eligible for a Medical Access card. I had to apply for this card at the Department of Public Welfare office. Another option you may want to try, is calling your local school district. Our local district here provides a special class for young Autistic children called a Verbal Behavior class. My son started almost a year ago (at 3 1/2 years old) and has progressed wonderfully. In this class, he also receives speech therapy and occupational therapy. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you! Kelly P.S. By the way, thank you for your post on the Main Message Board. I didn't know this board existed until I read your message.
Mickey M.
on 9/24/05 9:12 am - Nipomo, CA
thanks for responding, I did get my 3 1/2 yr old into something similar, I am Ca on the central coast. It's my older one, 10, that I have so much trouble getting help for, because he's so high functioning. Thanks for the advice...
Most Active
Recent Topics
advice
Erica Perez · 1 replies · 326 views
Autism Walk of Hope
ScoutMom14 · 0 replies · 792 views
Aspergers Diagnosis
Dixie Chick · 2 replies · 724 views
Hev-b Proteins and Autism
mdochniak · 0 replies · 368 views