Wow, what a quiet place

Shotrod64
on 8/27/08 7:02 am - Spanaway, WA
I thought for sure there might be more talk. You know guys love to talk about their cars! Old cars anyway. The new cars are too futuristic and difficult to work on for someone like myself who grew up in the 60/70s.
Tricia M.
on 10/16/08 9:36 am - Bakersfield, CA

What kind of old cars do you work on? I was expecting to hear more here too. I'm more of a new car kind of girl but there are some old ones I like too.

Tricia   124 lbs lost with lapband...band removed on 9/19/09...Ticker is post removal centuryclubcardcopy.jpg Century Club Card image by sunfire_prinzes

Shotrod64
on 10/16/08 9:48 am - Spanaway, WA
The oldies, these new cars are a mystery with their fuel injection and computers. LOL
  I have a '64 Ford convertible I've been around since late '74 and have owned since '77.  I help out on a couple Ford forums helping with questions from what size tire to where to find brake hoses etc.   Any old car I can work on though.  I've had more GM cars than Fords.  This was my special baby.  Had to keep my first car and the car I learned to drive in and other things. hahaha

I don't know if links work here but I made a video on youtube of the car story, couple clips from home movies and pictures and stuff. ahhh to be that young again! LOL   If the link doesn't work you can go to youtube and search ** "The Ford" aka Shotrod 1974-2008 so far **
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28p_5uqaLfY
Tricia M.
on 10/17/08 1:25 am - Bakersfield, CA

The link did work, that is amazing what the car started as and now finished. It looks great. My family has always bought GM cars, my grandpa owned some of the dealerships in Montana so my parents are very loyal GM people. I know what you mean I kept my first car for a while too but sadly I had to get rid of it. Although it was still a 2000 pontiac, it was still my baby. Right now I drive a 2008 X-terra and my husband and I are always upgrading it and adding new toys to it. I can do some of the mechanical things but i'm no where near professional at it.
Tricia   124 lbs lost with lapband...band removed on 9/19/09...Ticker is post removal centuryclubcardcopy.jpg Century Club Card image by sunfire_prinzes

Shotrod64
on 10/20/08 4:39 am - Spanaway, WA
Probably would have to do a search for shotrod64again and find it.
I'm no pro either. I manage to keep mine on the road but it needs a lot of body work. I had 2 other favorites, both GM. A '69 Pontiac Catalina or Bonneville and would like to have another '62 Impala. But at the prices the Impalas are now they can keep them. lol If I had the 3 that I had back when i could of sold 2 of them and restored my car probably!
Paid $150 for the '62, a '65 was given to me and the pontiac was another $150 car that lasted me 8 yrs and 300k miles. Times have changed when it comes to pricing now though!
I like all the cars just some more than others and even the same I might like one and not the other. I'm warped. lol
Most Active