Any one make baskets?

Debbie G.
on 1/1/06 7:31 am - Derby Line, VT
Happy New Year! Any one out there in OH land make baskets besides me? I've been weaving off and on for 20+ years. I have made a variety of baskets over the years from Nantuckets (just a few) to black ash, to pounding black ash, to western red cedar to reed. I like to play around with gourds and gourd baskets, necklaces and antler baskets too. I haven't done a whole lot of weaving the past year or so. been an odd few years for me! hopefully as the energy increases and I can get back to exercising I will have more desire to do more things! Just had lap RNY 12/12/05 and am starting to feel better now! yesterday was the first bit of solids for me (well sort of solids-TOFU! I put it in some soup to get more protein in, I am no wheres near where I need to be yet. So today I tried some cottage cheese! tasted like Mana from heaven!
kmsheart
on 1/2/06 11:53 am - kenner, LA
hiya deborah I would love to learn how to make baskets I am a beader ... was surfing through the forums and though I would say hi and congrats on your surgery. I have not gotten the money together for my surgery I believe it will be about sept for me. I am self pay thanks to my insurance..... but when you want something you want it ..... have a great year of losing .....kim
Debbie G.
on 1/3/06 7:01 am - Derby Line, VT
Hi Kim! I bead too! lots of beaders do baskets and lots of basket makers do beading! I make some gourds and weave with waxed linen and add beads to them. they turn out pretty! Good luck saving up money for your surgery, I know because of my insurance I have to pay the doctor on my own but will get thru it because it is finally time.
jughead05
on 4/7/06 5:27 am - ASHLAND, KY
I'm a Buckeye that lives in Ky. but it is just minutes from here. I make longaberger baskets weaving around their forms. I buy my wood from a guy in Ohio. People come to my house and say, I love that longaberger basket and I say thanks, I made it. Best wishes with your weight loss and may everything be fat free
Most Active
Recent Topics
..test...
ThisIsATest · 0 replies · 212 views
Any one make baskets?
Debbie G. · 3 replies · 284 views
Welcome to the Basketry message board
JC · 0 replies · 262 views