Recent Posts

Melissa C.
on 1/24/07 11:42 am - Goodspring, TN
Topic: Would someone share some V-Day ideas and patterns with me
I love making beaded jewelry. Any ideas for valentine's day?
kmsheart
on 1/23/07 11:37 am - kenner, LA
Topic: RE: I am so excited
Hi there Cass .... I am self taught just sorta looked at a pair of earrings I bought and then the wild love of the bead started ... I have cases of beads and a closet full of books magazines and pics of things I would like to create ... my darling hubby wonders where all of my money goes ....ahhhhhhhhh the bead world ...hangs head once you fall into it you can't stop...lol I thank you for your post ... it does take time to master all I can say is get out the beads and nymo and start playing with it.... if I can give me a shout...huggs Kim
Cassandre
on 1/17/07 4:45 am - Cockeysville, MD
Topic: RE: I am so excited
Kim-Your beading is awesome!! I love seed beads. Did you learn to do that in a class or by a book? I have a seed bead book (among a hundred magazines!!!) I just can't seem to take the time and follow those instructions!!! Cass
Cassandre
on 1/17/07 4:26 am - Cockeysville, MD
Topic: I can't believe there is a beadwork forum!!!!!
Hi everyone-This is too good to be true!! My other obsession besides food...beading!! Wow!! I am learning to reward myself with shiny things instead of food. It helps-maybe because I am about 4 weeks post op. I am hoping that when the times get tougher and I can eat more, beading will continue to fascinate me. I started a beading circle and we are celebrating 2 years together!!!
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/23/06 1:11 pm - Prescott, AZ
Topic: New to beading!!!
hi everybody! I'm new but learning. I find great patterns on the internet. Any help with sites to look at would be great. Sheryl 320/186/160 Oct. 28th 2005
Jami
on 6/26/06 9:12 am - Monaca, PA
Topic: Knotting... Suggestions?
I was just wondering if people have suggestions for knotting. Especially with seed beads and working on looms. I don't know why, but I seem to be very challenged when dealing with knots, especially with multiple strands, such as on a loom. With just a simple, one strand seed bead necklace, I knot several times, even in the middle of the project, just because I'm paranoid of it coming loose everywhere. Only problem with that is if its a spur of the moment project, I can't undo it and fix my mistakes because I've knotted everything so much! Haha Just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to hand out. I seem to play with my beads and fixings more than making anything. I'll post a pic of a bracelet I'm very proud of though, and let me know what you think, and what you think it would be worth to you. I'm thinking of selling some stuff, and was curious about pricing. Thanks! Jami
JulieJ
on 1/31/06 12:12 pm - Pierce City, MO
Topic: RE: Hello everyone
Hello Jami, How are things going with you? Sounds good. I have just started beading. I have never done a craft before but took it up for relaxation. I have a friend to makes great stuff and ask her to teach me and she said yes. I have been building my bead stock before I start my first lesson. But the only thing I do know is to follow pattern, that is the thing she taught me before christmas. I have made 3 necklaces now and she has to teach me how to put on clasps. do you use a board or do it by just laying out on a table? With the board I start at 0 and work my way up each side what I put on one side I put on another. I never said they are pretty but they are practice. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care and have a wonderful day, Julie
Jami
on 1/27/06 9:14 am - Monaca, PA
Topic: Hello everyone
Hello! I am 3 weeks post op, and a bead-a-holic. Only problem is I don't follow patterns very well. I need to take a class when I find the time, which will be hard to do. I have PLENTY of supplies, let me tell you, but I just dont' know the official ways. I have a subscription to Bead and Button mag, which I LOVE, and it just makes me jealous of the things everyone else can do. I also crochet, knit, stamp, love photography, tarot, draw, go to school full time as a graphic design and web major, love movies, books, my iPod, crystals, and much too much more! If anyone would like to chat, I'm up for it! I'm 3 weeks post op and I've lost about 24 lbs. so far. Jami www.jamidanell.blogspot.com
kmsheart
on 1/11/06 11:31 pm - kenner, LA
Topic: Not much posting going on here
Hi Y'all I know those lil beads can kinda Mezmerize/Hypnotize us and keep our fingers busy. But can't we make time to get this board going. I would really like to get to know some people with the same intrests as me. Goin through the same process. Come join me here or if you are in the New Orleans area, I am in Kenner lets get together... Huggers....Kim
Teri D.
on 1/10/06 9:35 am - El Cerrito, CA
Topic: RE: Peyote
If you haven't taken classes yet, it is a good idea. There are a lot tips that you can get in person that you can never figure out from printed instructions. I taught myself peyote from internet instructions and was doing fine, but it wasn't until I began taking classes that my beading really took on its own personality. It is also a great way to meet others that share your interest. Many bead stores also offer "bead nights" that are not structured around a specific class. Everyone brings their own projects and there are staff people around to help you with decifering instructions. Most stores offer these bead nights free of charge. Of course they aren't apposed to you making a few purchases while you are there. I warn you though...beading is adictive, but calorie-free. Good luck, Teri
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to beading!!!
Sheryl Tilley · 0 replies · 321 views
Knotting... Suggestions?
Jami · 0 replies · 348 views
Hello everyone
Jami · 1 replies · 434 views