Just found this place!

donnainhouston
on 10/2/07 6:15 am - League City, TX
I am so glad I just found this message board. I knew the fitness and exercise board existed, but never heard of this one! I'm almost 11 months post-op and down almost 90 lbs. My "low" weight pre-op was 242 lbs., and even at that time I could ride about 30 miles before my butt would go so numb that I coudn't ignore it! One of the things I looked forward too was riding my new bike post-op. I have a Specialized Dolce Vita road bike, which is body geomety specific for woman. Man! I can't event begin to explain how good it feels to ride now -- You just don't realize how much you were carrying before until you're not carrying it anymore! T then I'm sure most of you know that by now. I just completed my first event, the Tour de Pink. I registered for the 47 mile ride, but had my very first-ever dumping episode the morning of the race. Scared, I opted for the 25 mile ride -- I thought it safer. I have always eaten cream o' wheat post-op, but I was out of my high-protein, lactose free milk, so I used regular skim.. let's just say they're right when they say... NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING RACE DAY! I guess the carbs/surgars were too much and caused and insulin response that left me dry heaving and "foaming." Given that experience, I'm sure you can imagine how happy I was to see some discussion on fueling for longer rides. I started training for the Danskin Tri in Disney for 2008, and I was a little worried about that aspect. Anyway, I'm no worse for the wear and glad to find you all! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
MS 150 Anyone?
donnainhouston · 0 replies · 332 views
Just found this place!
donnainhouston · 0 replies · 305 views
first time out after surgery
ladydino · 4 replies · 520 views
Day 78 Ride (10/8/2006)
John White · 0 replies · 349 views
Day 73 Ride (10/4/2006)
John White · 2 replies · 426 views