Endurance sports?

Ocean1star
on 1/28/05 1:04 am - Covington, LA
Hi, I am training for an Ironman triathlon, which will occur in late July. I completed a 1/2 IM race last May and did well with nutrition and hydration, but am worried about it for a race of this distance (2.4 mile swim/112 mile bike/26.2 mile run) and of this duration (likely 15-17 hours). Please email me if you've competed at this level. Thanks, Susan
Laura B.
on 8/18/05 11:15 am - Stilwell, KS
Susan, I just read this post, and I know it's like.... MONTHS late, but I'm curious how you did on the Ironman. I did a half Ironman a couple weeks ago, and qualified for the US Half Championship next month, and I'm THRILLED to see someone else doing these things too! They're freakishly addictive, aren't they? I haven't competed at your level yet, that's next year, but please tell me how your nutrition and hydration challenges were met. I'm extremely curious Laura
Ocean1star
on 3/2/06 5:58 am - Covington, LA
Hi Laura, Sorry so long for the response. I was not able to compete in the IM last July due to inner ear problems. I am now signed up to do IM Florida in November 2006. Let me know if you're signed up for IM this year. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
MS 150 Anyone?
donnainhouston · 0 replies · 332 views
Just found this place!
donnainhouston · 0 replies · 305 views
first time out after surgery
ladydino · 4 replies · 520 views
Day 78 Ride (10/8/2006)
John White · 0 replies · 350 views
Day 73 Ride (10/4/2006)
John White · 2 replies · 426 views