want a good laugh????

mamamc
on 10/31/05 5:08 am - AL
I am new to the bird world...bird sat for the devil bird... a quaker... after i month gave the bird back... now heres the good poop.... went to a pet store saw this white bird was told it was a baby umbrella oh the most loving bird I have ever seen...Now please remember I know nothing of birds.....Went home got my boyfriend we went back to the store ..... he loved the bird ... so went and got my son..... he loved the bird picked out a cage was told the bird would get bigger bought bigger cage bigger toys bigger food ...plopped down the credit card..Umbrella price... get home start checking around was told I don't have an umbrella I have a GOLFIN...after three weeks went back to the store the girl said oh by the way its not an umbrella its a golfin...After some back and forth I was able to get some of my money back. I wasn't going to give the bird back... and thats what they want me to do... We already had her talking... My baby umbrella .. tehetehe Wendy
CuteDonna
on 11/7/05 8:30 pm - Effort, PA
From exprience with birds it's wise to check into what kind of bird your buying before handing over any money. I also check into what kind of bird it's going be. Is it loud, will it demand lots of attention and will it pluck feathers. Umbrella's are very demanding and will pluck if not given the attention they need. Greys will do the same thing. I have a white fronted Amazon male named Alex. I got him for one reason. He is a laid back bird and will play in his cage when mommy is busy. He only screams when he is hungry or wants some time out of his cage with mommy. He has full flight and is very loving in his own way. Amazons can be very nasty around mating season and males are dominate so you have to know how to take control of these birds but other wise I would never give Alex up for nothing. He is not that great of a talker but I don't buy my birds for talking ability. He can say "what you doing" "Come here" " HI" and "THAT's GOOD" when he is eating. He can bark like my little Yorkie and laugh like me and just started whimpering like my little dog He used to say Mommy but stopped so I need to get back into talking with him more, spending more time with him. Donna 338/166
carriej
on 11/13/05 2:12 am - Golden Valley, MN
Hi Welcome to the birdmommy world I like to think we are all a bit nuts I have to say I agree with Donna 110%, you really need to do your homework before you bring home a baby. All baby birds are loving little snuggle butts that have no bad habits and are relatively quiet, but once they hit the "terrible twos" and those rough teenage years things change dramatically. I LOVE ****atoos, they are such bundles of love, but they can also become very emotional if they are left home alone all day and be destructive to themselves. I think next to Ekkies, they are the second worst feather pluckers. I have yet to see a fully feathered one. It's amazing how even though I have had my fids (2 Conures and 2 male Ekkies) for years now, I am still learning. Good luck with yours! Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Parrotmom of 5
Eveningblossom · 2 replies · 420 views
Cockatiel passed away :'(
mysaffireeyes · 3 replies · 684 views
Molting and Plucking
Angel J. · 1 replies · 396 views