Red-sided Eclectus

NoMoreBBW
on 11/12/05 12:36 pm - Rockingham, NC
I want one sooo bad. I read compared to the African Grey they are the next best talkers (Eclectus). I have 3 small kids and they are supposed to be good with kids. I have an option of getting a Macaw, Yellow naped Amazon or Double Yellow headed. I cant decide. I now have 5 dogs, 5 fish, 2 parakeets (Budgies). My budgies are CRAZZYYYYY. They BITE like UGH I just wanna thump'em but i pet them tell them no and put them back in the cage. They will barely perch on my hand. WONT come to me out of the cage. I just dont know what to do with the things. HeLPPPP IF YOU CAN. THANKS
carriej
on 11/13/05 2:17 am - Golden Valley, MN
Hi We have 2 Vos male Ekkies. Our one talks and talks and talks like there is no tomorrow. I couldn't even count how many words he can say, he has a HUGE vocabulary and I believe he even uses some words like "NO!" and "STOP THAT!" appropriately. He loves to yell at our Conures and our dogs While our other Ekkie only says maybe 50-60 words and doesn't talk every day that we can tell. I didn't get them with the hope that they would talk, they were both rescue birds that broke my heart. As for kid friendly, I woudln't trust either one of my boys with kids. Then again keep in mind mine were both abused and neglected. Also you should note that the diet for Ekkies is quite a bit different than any other parrot. They can be very touchy about preservatives and vitamins. Either way, I love my babies and wouldn't give them up for the world! Good luck! Carrie
CuteDonna
on 1/10/06 2:18 am - Effort, PA
Budgies can be wonderful little birds. I had one that would sit on the top of her cage and play ball with me and if someone came around the corner should throw the ball and hit them and then run like crazy You have to work them every day. Open the cage and let them come out, cut their wings. Best thing to do is read up on what kind of parrot you want. I have a white fronted male amazon. Donna
Jezia
on 2/22/06 7:05 am - Duncanville, TX
I have a beautiful eclectus boy, we've been together 13 years or so thus far. He is a SERIOUS chatter box, and he is also a BIG cuddler. He has a great personality; the only time he gets grouchy is when he is not getting enough attention.
CuteDonna
on 2/23/06 12:58 am - Effort, PA
My Alex will scream WHAT YOU DOING? or COME HERE!! when he wants my attention. Like have another child in the house Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Parrotmom of 5
Eveningblossom · 2 replies · 422 views
Cockatiel passed away :'(
mysaffireeyes · 3 replies · 684 views
Molting and Plucking
Angel J. · 1 replies · 396 views