****atiel passed away :'(

mysaffireeyes
on 3/29/06 2:59 am - Oakdale, CA
Today an :angle: took my ****atiel ( butch ) to Heaven. I have had him for a very long time and this morning as I was sitting in the chair in the front room I heard a noise in his cage and turned and saw him fall to the bottom . I just knew it was his time to go. I sat there with him wrapped in a towel and petted and stroked him until he took his final breath. He was approx 17 years old and that is a good long life for a bird like him... I will miss all the times he would whistle when the Andy Griffith theme song came on. That was his favorite. I will miss him very much. 03-29-06 Bye Bye Butch
Angel J.
on 3/29/06 5:48 am - Troutdale, OR
Hi Terry, I am so sorry to hear about Butch. This is soo sad. They are such good little companions arent they? It sounds like he had a great life. I am sure he is sitting on your shoulder in spirit. Hugs to you Angel J
MARCIAM
on 4/10/06 3:55 am - Sayville, NY
I cried when I read your post. Sometimes I complain at the mess my ****ateil (Fagel) leaves. He throws seeds all over the place. He demands a taste of what ever we are eating & he too loves to whistle to the Andy Griffith theme song. I love him like a son. He is 13 years old. My 25 year old daughter grew up with him. I know that your Butch was a member of your family not just a pet. You have my sincerest condolences. I know how much you must miss him. I know that God must have a special place in heaven for our dear little birds.
Nevada23
on 5/10/06 1:10 am - hamilton, NJ, NJ
Mine passed away last night as well. He was a 10 year old male who was a joy to the family. He'd mimic everyone, was very stubborn (in a good way), and could speak a few words. I loved him like he was a part of the family, ... i retract that statement. He is a part of the family. Some people just say these birds are just "pets," and I should just move on, but it's not that easy. In fact, I was closer to this bird than I ever was with any of my family members or any other person in the past decade (except my mother). It is clearly devasting, specially because I can't forgive myself since I was the one responsible for his death (I'd rather not say how he died since it will tear me up more inside since I already cant forgive myself).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Parrotmom of 5
Eveningblossom · 2 replies · 422 views
Cockatiel passed away :'(
mysaffireeyes · 3 replies · 685 views
Molting and Plucking
Angel J. · 1 replies · 396 views