It doesnt get any better than this!

Angel J.
on 3/30/06 12:32 pm - Troutdale, OR
I am sitting here on my couch snuggled with my 3 dogs and my Grey on my shoulder meowing like a cat in my ear. I Love my babies! Just had to share... Angel J
Rick Bedard
on 5/17/06 10:50 am - League City, TX
I've got an African Grey too and have had him since he was released from the breeder. I was on a waiting list and started visiting/bonding weekly once he was hatched. That was 5 years ago now and he's definitely bonded with me over anyone else in the family. He's better with the family when I'm not around but if I'm here he doesn't want anything to do with anyone else. I'm sure a lot of it is because the kids were younger and probably teased him when I wasn't around. He's definitely part of the family though. He's still adding words and sounds all the time that crack us up. No cat sounds though, I don't think he's ever even seen a cat. He call's the dogs all the time though. I find it funny when he's at their level and they start getting too close (they are Bichon Frize brothers a little over a year old). When they do, he starts telling them "Come Here" which is exactly what he doesn't want. I'm sure it must confuse the dogs totally.
Angel J.
on 5/17/06 10:49 pm - Troutdale, OR
Hey Rick! Thanks for stopping in! My mother has a Bichon we love her she is such a good lil doggie. I love my Lil Chicklet.. I have heard him say "help" in a sweet voice.. so I think his talking days are getting closer. The thing with parrots.. you never feel like you are home alone. I love them! They are sooo smart.
Rick Bedard
on 5/18/06 2:09 am - League City, TX
Yeah - I think the Bichon is a perfect choice if you want a dog and have a parrot too. Neother of them show any interest in harming my Grey (his name is Zazu) at all. They may come over and sniff at him when Zazu calls them but that's about it. I think the dos have more to fear of Zazu than vice-versa. Of course, I would never trust any animal to be left alone with the parrot as anything can happen but I'm glad to see they've never shown any sign whatsoever of wanting to harm the bird. By the way, I remember from your profile that you like to ride a motorcycle. I rode mine for the first time last night since surgery and really enjoyed it. It was a perfect evening for it too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Parrotmom of 5
Eveningblossom · 2 replies · 421 views
Cockatiel passed away :'(
mysaffireeyes · 3 replies · 684 views
Molting and Plucking
Angel J. · 1 replies · 396 views