Sistas, was i wrong?

donnieboy
on 12/1/08 10:32 pm
Dig, for years now, i have thrown a fish fry the day after thanksgiving at my house.. just a chance to kick it with some friends who are unable to get out of their traditional thanksgiving obligations and a way for me to get rid of all that damn food.. however, this year it was larger than it ever has been before because erbody brought somebody..my boy's brough their boys and the wives brought their single friends so it's hookups and hennessey all over the place.. I wa****ting the mojitos hard harder than i thought i guess...so by the end of the nite i'm feeling good, Donnie Hathaway Christmas CD is leading the festive mood..so my main man and his wife are about to roll.. so i'm holding the door open for his family kssing and hugging doing the heathcliff huxtable thing trying to be a better me and do this obama thing..I close the door and i'm kicking it in the foyer with this Seventh Day Adventist brotha and his ole lady..(hey it's christmas time joy to the world and all that shyte)  so a few minutes later, the door opens and it's my man's wife.."Where's Krystle?"  'Downstairs with her friends. What's wrong?"  "Nothing no big deal i got it."  She proceeds to the top of my stairs and calls my daughter upstairs.  She then leads her past me into my office. "Michelle, what's wrong?" I ask again.  ""No big deal i got it."  I stand there with this Seventh day brotha who is now turning our casual conversation into a religious one.  (Who invited this nicka anyway?)  Out of the corner of my eye, i watch Michelle chastise my daughter who i know can get out of pocket at times.  They come out and i ask her a third time and i get the no big deal response..NOW i'm pissed.. because obviously it is a big deal if you saw fit to come back to my house and call my daughter in to a room alone and chastise her.  So I grab babygirl in a corner and she says she was playing with my man's younger son cell phone and he got upset.  Ok, no blood was drawn.. It truly wasn't a big deal.. but this cow just made it one..and mind you this sista is THAT CHICK who comes into the club looking for her ole man in robes and slippers..so I excuse myself from the party and go upstair to my bedroom close the door grab my cell walk into my bathroom close that door and dial my man's number.."Dude, what was that all about?"  "Man she in here talking about it now."  Ok you just confirmed it for me.  This was a big deal at least to her.  "Dig G, you my man but miss me with that bullshyte!  She might run your house but she don't run mine!  NOw if it wasn't a big deal why she come back and why yo punk ass stay in the car!  And then she walks out talking about she got it.  Nah partner!  I got this and you need to check her mf ing conduct!!"  I hang up after a few more choice words that i'd rather not repeat. 
Now some have said i overreacted.  that these people have been friends for a long time and i should have trusted her judgement to chastise my daughter.. True but my issue wasn't with her chastisement as much as it was dismissing me like a i was the damn doorman.. other have said it takes a village and i concur.. but this village got a chief and that's me.. so it's starts here..play your position and i'll play mine..others have said i should have checked her on the spot..i agree but i had been drinking heavily and i know how this sista gets down..i ain't making no scene in front of family and friends..i thought and still think the appropriate way to go was to my man.. this is his ole lady.. she is here representing him..blacking out on her would have been disrespectful..blacking on him made more sense..see i know how to stay in my lane and play my position..  but i dont' know, maybe it's just how i get down..
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 10:40 pm
Now I don't have kids, but I don't think you overreacted. She had to come BACK into your house and pass you up to find your daughter. She should hav had you come along, and I reember being a kid. My moms always told me if I didn't want my stuff messed up, don't go taking it out in front of folks. How would your daughter have even known he had a cell if he hadn't pulled it out?
Kim B.
on 12/1/08 10:51 pm - OH

I don't think you overreacted.  I agree on the 'it takes a village....' but you STILL need to run things by ME....especially when I'm right there.
I have to hand it to you for the way you handled it cause those mojitos would have taken over and *I* would have reacted right then and there.  It was best you restrained yourself and took it upstairs and called....no scene in front of the guests...

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

Faith *
on 12/1/08 10:57 pm
I agree with you Kim.  I could see if he wasn't there but she walks right past him and proceeds anyway.
Dimple Donna
on 12/1/08 10:52 pm - Chicago, IL
Um...girlfriend was WRONG on all accounts.  I'm sorry, I do not feel you overreacted to any thing.  As the FATHER and HEAD of your household, which houses a TEENAGER, the correct thing for her to do was to come to YOU regarding your daughter.  Yes, it takes a village to raise a child, however, as you said, EVERY VILLAGE SHOULD HAVE A CHIEF!

She should have come correct...to you.

DD
I choose to love myself, live life to the fullest, and encourage others to liberate themselves!
263.jpg image by DimpleDonna228.jpg image by DimpleDonna
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/08 10:57 pm - Toledo, OH
 I don't think you over reacted at al!  If my child had done something I cannot imagine any friend coming to my house and past me to chastise my child.  You better talk to me first!  I think you handled it better than I did, they would not have gotten past my front door.
mstanyat
on 12/1/08 11:00 pm
Ok here's my 2 cents. I commend you for the way you handled it by going to the man, at that particular point in time "she" was angry, and anything you said would have been like adding fuel to the fire. If i were in her shoes i would have walked up to you and said, excuse me can i speak to you for one second, and then at that point made you aware of the situation, and let you handle your own child. It's not for me to chastise anyone's child. The fact that you handled things on the phone was a smart move to me, because after all the liquor involved things could have turned sour after a beautiful get together, and you dont need your family exposed to that. I give you an A+ .

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

Dedee
on 12/1/08 11:19 pm - Home Is Where, The HEART is, Midwest
Okay, let me get this straight...my mind is slow...forgive me....

Babygirl was playing "with" your boy's cell phone (like physically) or Babygirl was calling his celly playing?

Regardless, the wife was wrong....your daughter is a minor....she should have taken that up to you.....

the raise a village.....that was back in the day....when the village could be trusted.....now, I decide my village.

I am my children's protector!  If you have a problem with my child---take it up with ME!

I focus not on my disabilty; my focus is on my ABILITIES.  
(Dedee, 2009)              

My hearing impairment ENABLES me, not disables me.
(Dedee, 2008)

~Dedee   

Brenda R.
on 12/1/08 11:33 pm - Humble, TX
I am with you on that one Dedee.  I hear all that it takes a village shiggidy but when it comes down  to my kids "The village idiot" does not have say!

Working on me - want to be better in everyway not just physically!!!  Its a process no time to judge or be judged!!!! 
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/1/08 11:31 pm
Naw homie - as usual you were right on POINT!!!!

She is wrong fa that and yo homie need to check his chick!!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 181 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2011 views