dumping syndrome

mstanyat
on 12/2/08 2:18 am
O.K. i know i am a newbie to the post op world, and I am learning alot of things, My daily question for today is this:

Once you are post op how long does the body react to sugar by dumping?
Is it 6months, 1year, how long was it for you before you could tolerate evan  a small amount of your favorite snack, or dessert.

Just curious... I know i have it will be loooooong time before i can have sugar,and the first thing i am going to have is a Twizzler!!!

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

hershey dream
on 12/2/08 2:27 am - Duluth, GA

I will be 3 years post-op come this Friday and I still dump!  As recently as this morning on some Apple0Cranberry Juice, lol.

There are some that have minor dumping sensations, some that dump drastically (like me)  and those that don't dump at all, but one never really knows which they are unless they test the waters.  I truly wish I hadn't, but I do know what things to stay away from.

So, in essence...there really isn't a "time" limit,  just depends on your body.

Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
Inspire
on 12/2/08 2:28 am
Each individual is different.  Some people never dump off anything.  Some become gravely ill.  Some fall in the middle like me and I am over 2 1/2 years out from surgery.  I can eat certain sweets, on certain days, only in the rain, if I hold my breath, and blink my right eye twice. 

I'm just saying...there isn't a rhyme or reason.  You will learn which foods will trigger you to dump.

hershey dream
on 12/2/08 2:32 am - Duluth, GA
So true!
Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
Inspire
on 12/2/08 2:34 am
Girl, we pretty much had the same response! 
mstanyat
on 12/2/08 2:38 am
Wow that's really interesting, I wont be testing the waters anytime soon, I am soooo fearful of the whole dumping syndrome thing. I will keep my fingers crossed that i will be one that only dumps off certain things, I dont want to be one that doesnt dump at all, that's too tempting to blackslide, and gain weight back.

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/2/08 2:44 am
3+ years down the road, I still dump - and not on the same shiot all the time. 

It's gonna happen, don't matter when you try it SOMETHING will trigger it - just don't try new stuff away from home - if you gotta puke - your own toilet is SO much more comforting...... LOL!!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Tha Pinkster T.
on 12/2/08 2:47 am
January 16, 2009 I will be 2 years out and I still freaking dump. It depends I can dump on a certain type of salad dressing-balsamic if it has too much sugar. I don't dump on chocolate but I will dump on certain carbs or if my stupid ass decides to take a bit out of a sugary pastry then I will dump. Try sugar free Twizzlers first! Boy, I dump quick on gummi bears. I was searching for a period of time for sugar free gummi bears and I just gave up on it as a whole. Shoot bout to go make me some eggs with some leftover baked chicken.
Tis better to be dis-liked than to be loved by them cuz your always on their mind.   

Pretty In Pink
Graphics & Myspace layouts

mstanyat
on 12/2/08 2:54 am
Girl didn't even know it was a sugar freee twizzler.... dont start nothing Pink

Tha Pinkster T.
on 12/2/08 3:08 am
my bad did I say Twizzlers I mean't sugar free EGGS lol
Tis better to be dis-liked than to be loved by them cuz your always on their mind.   

Pretty In Pink
Graphics & Myspace layouts

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views