If you could pick...

ktjajj
on 12/3/08 4:26 am - Buffalo, NY
Ok people I am a little sad today so I am trying to shake it off. The board always makes me smile so here I am. 

Here is my question. My daughter has decided she no longer wants to be called by her name which is Jayla, she now wants to be called Sarah  Where she got the name Sarah I have no idea. Anyway if you could pick your name what name would you pick? Or would you keep the name you have?

I think I would keep my name, which is Andrea because I think I look like an Andrea and when I apply for jobs no one knows I am blac****il I arrive
Pregnancy%20ticker

"Real change comes from within"
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 4:31 am, edited 12/3/08 4:31 am
I went thru the same thing as a preteen/teenager. Michelle always invoked the image of a white cheerleader chick which I obviously am not. For some reason I loved the name Maxine-never knew anyone with tthe name but to me it seemed glamourous. I have one aunt that played along and still will occasionally call me Maxine. But, my friends and family have all called me Mikki,  and most still do. My parents vetoed my idea of leagally changing my name.
ktjajj
on 12/3/08 4:39 am - Buffalo, NY
 Your name does not sound like a white cheerleader name. If it was Jennifer I could see. (no offense to the Jennifer's out there) But I like the name Maxine too. If you want I will call you Maxine.
Pregnancy%20ticker

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 4:41 am
Nope its all good. I've accepted Michelle. But Mikki is still reserved for friends and fam.

Well your daughter picked a good biblical name-I'd go with it till she out grew the phase.
ktjajj
on 12/3/08 4:47 am - Buffalo, NY
Man it took me 9 1/2 months to come up with Jayla. But I do try and call her Sarah when I remember or she will ignore me until I do. Can't wait until she is out of this phase.
Pregnancy%20ticker

hershey dream
on 12/3/08 4:34 am - Duluth, GA
Gotta love the kids, lol.

My name is Denecia (duh-knee-see-ah) and while I have embraced it, it screams of my ethnicity (which in some cases, is not a good thing).  But, I like it.

I gave my daughter the name I loved (Gabrielle) and if I ever have another (Adrienne).
Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
ktjajj
on 12/3/08 4:43 am - Buffalo, NY
You read my mind Neci I was going to ask if you don't like your name do you name your kids the name you secretly wished you could of had?

I love love love the name Gabrielle. I named one of my barbies that when I was little.
Pregnancy%20ticker

A NewTay
on 12/3/08 4:36 am
I'm going through this right now with my 5 year old daughter.  Her name is Kynnedi.  She goes to Kindergarten at a predominately white school.  She wants her name to be changed to Jan...WTF??

I absolutely do not like my ghetto fabulous name.  I do have my "club" name that I go by when "out"...Tina...LMAO

TRUE LOVE DOES NOT COME BY FINDING THE PERFECT PERSON BUT BY LEARNING TO SEE AN IMPERFECT PERSON PERFECTLY 

"If you want to go forward, you put the car in D. If you want to go backward, you put the car in R." ~ President B. Obama

ktjajj
on 12/3/08 4:46 am - Buffalo, NY
 @ Jan. I thought Sarah was bad.  Now the question is do you call her that????
Pregnancy%20ticker

A NewTay
on 12/3/08 4:51 am
i wish i would...lol  i've always wanted a kynnedi every since i was younger.  she is called by her name or K for short.  that's all i can do...lol

TRUE LOVE DOES NOT COME BY FINDING THE PERFECT PERSON BUT BY LEARNING TO SEE AN IMPERFECT PERSON PERFECTLY 

"If you want to go forward, you put the car in D. If you want to go backward, you put the car in R." ~ President B. Obama

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views