Ice

P.Y.T ..
on 12/3/08 8:46 am - Valley, AL
I've been craving it really bad here lateley. I dont know what's going on. I need to know if this is wrong? If so how bad is it? I know its due to my iron probably being low. But I just had some labs done and everything was ok except for my potassium. I know I should be drinking plenty of water but does this count. Someone please help me I cant stop eating it.

You Go Girl!
Dalexis
on 12/3/08 8:49 am - Brooklyn, NY
On December 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM Pacific Time, JUC4U S. wrote:
I've been craving it really bad here lateley. I dont know what's going on. I need to know if this is wrong? If so how bad is it? I know its due to my iron probably being low. But I just had some labs done and everything was ok except for my potassium. I know I should be drinking plenty of water but does this count. Someone please help me I cant stop eating it.
Hey there,
Chewing ice usually IS a clue to an iron deficiency.  However, if your labs say otherwise, I doubt there is anything wrong with ur ice cravings.  Besides, there are worse cravings...like chocolate. lol

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."   Plutach.  Not true, for there are always more worlds to conquer.

www.myspace.com/dalexis863

P.Y.T ..
on 12/3/08 8:50 am - Valley, AL
I know right! Im glad I dont have that problem.

You Go Girl!
pokerchips
on 12/3/08 11:19 am
Craving ice (pica) is associated with both iron and zinc deficiencies. 

I used to get up in the middle of the night to get a cup of ice! I've been treated with IV Iron for a couple of months and now I never crave chewing ice, it does not even taste good anymore!  Keep an eye on the labs but if they continue to look good enjoy the ice but remember it's bad for your teeth so chew crushed ice.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 176 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1120 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2002 views