When did you go back 2 work

GorgeousIsa
on 12/3/08 10:38 am - Philly-delphia, PA
After WLS...I advised my boss that I would be out 6-8 weeks because my surgery is open...My date is 12/15 and looking to go back no later than 2/9...I am in no rush and I know that everybody is different but I would like to get back ASAP. I am an Underwriter and do nothing strenuous.

When did you go back and how did you feel?
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Biggie Smalls
on 12/3/08 10:41 am - Chocolate City, DC
Hey, I can't beleive I'm still up, it's way passed my bed time.  LOL. 

I had open RNY and felt well enough to go back to work in two weeks.  However, I wanted to give myself time to adjust to my new eating  habits, so I went back after 4 weeks. 
I was once a mess!!  My mess is now my message!! WLS saves lives!!  I'm living proof!

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/3/08 10:42 am
I had laproscopic RNY  - went back after 4 weeks - coulda gone back at 2 - only went back cause my $$ ran out.....

i say take ALL you can get away with!!!!!! 

Oh yea - I felt just fine when I went back!  LOL - I'm just a mofo that likes to get a check WITHOUT working for it!!!!!

(yes TAW1975 - very REPUBLICAN of me, I know!!!!lol)

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

mstanyat
on 12/3/08 10:42 am
I am still out of work. But i was given 2weeks off, However my RNY was Laproscopic. 6-8weeks wow that's a long time. I'm gettin cabin fever ofter a week and a half. I feel like bustin out of here!!! 

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

GorgeousIsa
on 12/3/08 10:51 am, edited 12/3/08 10:52 am - Philly-delphia, PA
2 weeks..wow...My manager probably was looking at me like I was crazy when I said 6-8 weeks... I thought I would be gone for like 2 months and hop back on the scene looking fierce..lol.. I have not touched my make-up bagin a month and have not worn my hazel contacts in 6 weeks and my hair has been so so...I thought I would go back like a completely different woman..lol.. I may work from home after 4 weeks because I am on the 3rd floor...
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Mocha357
on 12/3/08 10:51 am - Casa Grande, AZ
 I thought 4 weeks would be plenty for laporascopic (hope that's spelled right), but I have had a minor complication every week so far so I am taking an extra week.  I teach the kids who get kicked out so I gotta be on my most alert.  I wish I was like Mack Momma-i been struggling some days boy! Friday they check for a stricture. I still wouldn't change my decision to have the surgery.  
 "Arguing with a fool proves there are two"

Stacee Y.
on 12/3/08 11:04 am - Florissant, MO

I had lap rny, and took 4 weeks just because I could.  I could have gone back after about 2.5 weeks....but the extra time was well worth it.

BEFORE        NOW

Faith *
on 12/3/08 6:56 pm
I had Lap-Band surgery.  I had the surgery on a Wednesday  and I went back to work the following Monday and I felt fine.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 9:35 pm
I just asked my surgeon this question he said two weeks should be fine but up to four weeks should be expected. 
Just P
on 12/4/08 12:28 am - DC
I had open and was good to go back at 2 weeks, but I took an extra week off and at the suggesstion on my boss( I took his suggesstion LOL) went back the first few days half a day on the fourth week.
Mz.P Living and Loving Life!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1113 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views