Old-timers: Does anyone miss WOW moments

Transfiguration
on 9/22/11 1:07 pm - Somewhere in time, SC

When I first lost the weight, I got a constant deluge of compliments.  I've put back on about 30 lbs, but I'm not huge.  Kinda thick, but nothing horrendous.  I am working on my weight. 

Right now I miss my WOW moments and compliments.  I WANT MY HONEY MOON PERIOD BACK!  I am having trouble losing these extra pounds the old school way.

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

LEE
on 9/23/11 2:50 am
I never really had a lot of those WOW moments but i'm hoping to get some soon.
Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
MSW will not settle
on 9/24/11 2:56 pm
I can see why you'd miss them but I do not.  Nice at first, but over time being noticed for wl becomes tiresome.  Thankfully it only happens now when I see people I have not seen in years.  Keep working it and you'll get those wow's back. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Lifebeauty
on 9/25/11 6:31 am

I miss my personal wow moments.  I'm still far from goal so hopefully they will come again.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

dstgirl2000
on 9/26/11 1:07 am
Those "Wow" moments are great and make you feel good.  We all go through the honeymoon phase and then the stalls, and those moments get less and less or not at all.  So I like to create my own!  Visual perception is always a trump card to play.  Step up your gear, especially since its fall with some complimentary colors and textures for a new look to draw attention to your best assets.  Use vertical patterns to create a slimmer look, like adding a hat for faux height, and a draped scarf to make you look taller and slimmer.  It's all about create an image, attitude an selling it!....Work it!!...lol!

That's my fashionista message for the day!...

J

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 7:54 am
PLEASE keep in touch  [email protected] friend me as well I share the same thing I gained 30 myself I MISS MY HONEYMOON too OMG I hate I gained gotta get back on it  I do think we need weekly roll call weigh ins or something I wish I lived near somebody so we can be BAF buddies! please keep in touch!!!
A B.
on 9/26/11 9:07 am - Abilene, TX
You have done Great having gained only 30 pounds since 2004 ! ! ! You don't think so and I get that. So I'm sending Prayers for you to get back your wow moments........I too had RNY 2-04 and lost 126 pounds, never reached my goal weight of 140, since I started at 394. Have been reluctant to post on this board for fear of making others afraid the same might happen to them. I have gained back 75 pounds !!! Lost, sad, and not knowing what to do... Want a revision, but havent been able to stick to Pre surg. diet to have revision done......Please don't get discouraged, work hard to get back on track, it will be sooooo worth it to get back that Pride, your complements. ( God Bless And Good Luck!)
NahNah
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 10:05 am

AB hello and thanks for the reply who ever thinks wls is easy is CRAZY this is so hard and a fight for life my problem is I'm back to my old habits I use to love going places shopping etc now I'm happy with a snack laying aroud and that by all means is SO BAD!!! THANK U SOOO much for the encouraging words they meant more than u know !!!!!!!!!!!!! you to stay up and dont get down on yourself email me if u want to just vent we gota be here for each other i so do wish somebody who shared my same views were in my town it would help I know it thank you soooo much!!

200 PoundsGone
on 9/28/11 2:58 am
Get back on the train.  One day at a time. Maybe add a nice long walk in before your day starts our ends.  I miss my Wow moments that I use to have at my early post-op but I am LOVING the New Ones I am making for myself.  Zumba has changed a lot for me.

Come follow me on Instagram @200poundsgone
HW: 420.. Maybe more
413 (7/14/2005
)
260 (6/10/2010)
260 (09/28/2011)- No Weight Loss but the inches are dropping OFF *ZUMBA BABY*
204 (06/02/2013)- In the BEST shape of my life. Addicted to FITNESS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help