Does any one have a personal trainer

Transfiguration
on 10/8/12 2:30 pm, edited 10/8/12 2:34 pm - Somewhere in time, SC
I had my first 3 personal training sessions. I thought I'd better get help after gaining 50 lbs from my lowest weight. I have been pretty sedentary. I am so embarrassed with my inability to move this big behind!!!!! It is wide and flabby. I feel so embarrassed trying to do stretches and jiggling as I do arm circles. My trainer has a great personality, but my confidence level has literally gone done the commode after re-gaining weight. I feel like God gave me a 2nd chance at a healthy life and I did not respect it. Anyone else feel this way sometimes?

Where is the crew from 2004-2009?????? BAF was all the way live back in the day! Rofl.....

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

Thicklin
on 10/14/12 10:56 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12

I don't have a personal trainer but my daughter and mother surely knows how to kick my butt. I wish you nothing but the best and if not anything theirs always plastic surgery.

JazzyOne9254
on 10/27/12 2:26 am, edited 10/27/12 2:30 am

Yes, I have a personal trainer, in connection with my fitness membership.

My Rheumatologist has forms to refer her patients to a local hospital's Health and Lifestyle fitness club.  This is *not* PT, but it is at a reduced $55.00 monthly for what they call clinical members.  The rate is good for as long as you are a member, and there is the ability to freeze your membership for 6 months at a time. Comes in handy for time off  if you need additional surgery.

They have an Olympic size pool, and a warm water exercise pool (the only one in town) where you can walk the pool, do aerobics or muscle building exercises using the water resistance.  Instructors are available to you, and there are aerobics, Pilates and other classes to pick from.   They even have a refreshment bar where they can make you a protein smoothie, they also sell protein bars and healthy snacks.

I was signed up as a pre-op for the wet area to help my lupus and fibromyalgia pain, and as it turned out, it is totally in line with my DS maintenance plan!  I'm in process to have excess skin removed, and I'm working to build as much muscle as possible pre-op.

Check with your doctor or local hospitals, your local support group or fitness centers to see if there is a tie-in like this where you live.

BTW...*No* amount of exercise will re-tighten loose skin once it's stretched.  Your skin's "snap back" factor is determined by genetics, amount of sun damage and nutrition, in that order. The muscle you build will take up some of the slack, but it won't get rid of it unless you end like one of those big bodybuilder guys!  I didin't luck out in the genetics department, so a surgeon will take care of mine, which is severely loose after a 245 pound weight loss! 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 176 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1120 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2002 views