Hello everyone

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/13 5:36 am

I deleted my account a while ago and so much has happened since then. I used to visit this forum a lot and then LIFE kicked in. Ok so I was sleeved December 8, 2011 and all was well, until I got sick in January 2012. I went to several doctors and not one could tell me what was wrong. I told them I had just gotten the gastric sleeve done...nothing!!

Fast forward to the end of January and I had to make my PCP see me and when he did we found out my gallbladder was only working at 7%!!! I was so pissed! And the surgery had to be emergency because while all that was going on I had to be hospitalized for a really bad UTI because I couldn't eat or drink. I had my gallbladder removed on February 2 and that is when more drama started. A few days after I got home I noticed that I was numb in my stomach , my legs, vaginal, and thigh area.

I told the surgeon and he said it was probably a nerve that was cut...WTH!! To make a long story short...I was partially paralyzed from February to August from a stroke in my spinal cord. After several MRI's they finally found it in December 2012.

I feel horrible because although I have lost a lot of weight, I started back eating stuff that got me to 412. Sitting in the bed everyday took a toll on me and now I'm trying to get ME back. I will be starting therapy soon for the numbness and I'm praying that I can finally get back on track.  Thanks for reading, Jessica

MSW will not settle
on 1/10/13 2:17 am

Hope things get better for you.  Get back to loosing so that your stroke risks are urther reduced.  Best of luck. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

dstgirl2000
on 1/10/13 4:15 am

WOW!!.......You've had a really hard road to travel this past year or so!  I can only believe that this is a test of your faith and fortitude.  I pray that you can forge your way to better and continued good health.  I know it may seem a little dismal now, but keep doing what you know is right to continue taking off the weight.  You had the surgery, had some problems, but you also still have this amazing tool still that will help you reach your goals if you work it.  It won't work itself....You still have to put in the work!!...........You can do this!!

Keep it moving........one day and one step at a time!

JJ

Phyll H
on 1/10/13 5:03 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with

sending hugs and prayers sis.

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

wendy T.
on 1/13/13 2:16 am - Milwaukee, WI

Praying for u...Stay focus and motivated! Keep posting even if you just blog on ur own personal profile. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/13 9:38 am

Thank you all so very much!! I have started walking everyday I can...as long as the weather permits. But I'm on to a gym and personal trainer because I feel like half of my journey is over. I attend support groups here and there is no way I'm going back to where I was.

Tamiasmom
on 1/23/13 2:44 pm - Chicago , IL
God bless you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views